Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Own TWO 1984 Eldorados!
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a difficult time decided whether to purchase the Lexus RX 350 or The SRX. I have looking at both at CAR Max and like the ride, stereo and navigation in the Cad as well as the overall appearance. My concern is the repair records that I have been seeing on the internet for the SRX. I am considering anything between a 2012 and 2015. I would greatly appreciate ANY input as I must do this ASAP!! Thanks! (In addition, I'd like any input any of you may have on the warranties offered by CarMax.)

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
Do yourself and this forum a favor and get the Lexus. If you get the SRX chances are you'll be on here posting "help me!" threads all the time.

·
0 Posts
Did you post this on the Lexus forum also?
I am having a difficult time decided whether to purchase the Lexus RX 350 or The SRX. I have looking at both at CAR Max and like the ride, stereo and navigation in the Cad as well as the overall appearance. My concern is the repair records that I have been seeing on the internet for the SRX. I am considering anything between a 2012 and 2015. I would greatly appreciate ANY input as I must do this ASAP!! Thanks! (In addition, I'd like any input any of you may have on the warranties offered by CarMax.)

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
If you want a smaller but sportier ride get the SRX. If you want a more quiet and refined ride get the RX 350. Yes the Lexus will be more reliable generally but it's still luck of the draw.

The RX does have more room inside and in the cargo area.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
652 Posts
RX350 is ugly, will be more expensive similarly equipped, SRX has better performance and more power.

Most people posting here will only post problems. stevec5375 has been whining about his lemon 2010 1st Year SRX for 5 years on this forum now. I had a 2010 and although I had problems, my dealer was outstanding fixing every issue and giving me a loaner when car required overnight visits. My 2014 is rock solid and no complaints so far.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac SRX
41 Posts
Something to always keep in mind- when you get on the net to research vehicles, you get a lot of the negative feedback. Because people go to forums and ect to get help or just to complain. Hardly anybody gets on a forum to say how much they love their trouble free car. food for thought.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
The RX350 is pretty much a chick's car. When is the last time you seen a guy drive one?

·
Registered
SRX
141 Posts
I have a 2010 RX350 and a 2012 SRX. My advice: Get the RX350.
Go to the Lexus forum and look for problems; you won't find nearly as much complaints as here, despite the RX350 outselling the SRX by a significant margin. The folks on there are also more respectful and mature.

·
Registered
2014 SRX
56 Posts
I chose the SRX over the Lexus due to the sportiness. It really is a fun car to drive. Have not had any issues, and still love the car. Although my wife is the main driver, I have no issues hopping in and taking it for a ride. Under rated in my opinion.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury FWD
23 Posts
We chose the SRX (2012) over a similar RX350 because the Lexus was significantly more expensive than the SRX (both were 2 years old). As others have said, the newer SRX's seem to be more reliable than the older models. I suggest you compare Certified Pre Owned models for both and I anticipate the SRX will be a better value. My experience with CarMax has been hit or miss.

·
Registered
1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9
1,540 Posts
I have a 2010 RX350 and a 2012 SRX. My advice: Get the RX350.
Go to the Lexus forum and look for problems; you won't find nearly as much complaints as here, despite the RX350 outselling the SRX by a significant margin. The folks on there are also more respectful and mature.
I agree; Lexus RX350 every day of the week - Bet it even holds it's value better.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
The RX350 is pretty much a chick's car. When is the last time you seen a guy drive one?
Yesterday. (and another one today)

----------

We chose the SRX (2012) over a similar RX350 because the Lexus was significantly more expensive than the SRX (both were 2 years old).....
Because the SRX depreciates faster maybe?

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 Loaded 2015 SRX-traded 2006 STS
110 Posts
I looked at both over a 30 day period.I spent a lot of time in both cars. I chose Caddy because of my wife and I have had GM for more than 40 years. The SRX has poor build quality. I am unhappy and have a long road ahead of me putting my car in the shop with a OKC dealership that take advantage of you. Current problems are Rain sensor do not work properly. Cargo lift area noise. Soft brakes. Sun roof noise. Trans./engine shift jerkiness. When paid off, will be looking at other brands but not GM. I chose wrong.. I wish you the best in choosing something to fit your needs.

·
Registered
'13 SRX4 Performance
251 Posts
My wife's vehicle is a '13 SRX Performance (AWD). The only problems we have had are:

Blind Spot Monitoring System stopped working (fixed under warranty)
The license plate lights were dangling after this winter (fixed under warranty)

The SRX has been great other than those 2 issues. Handles great in the snow and is a nice vehicle to drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2012 Luxury AWD bought new. Have 49000 miles and two @[email protected]# small door dings one on each side. I have yet had any issues with it other than need of windshield replacement. So of course it just matter of luck of the draw on both cars. Just go with what you like both to me are reliable and fun. So if i was to buy another car i would still consider an SRX of course i heard the body style will be changing then I will take serious consideration.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts