Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to debadge my car

Next is plasti dip grille, emblems, fog light surround, fender inserts and maybe window trim

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I pulled the "chicklets" off my '09 too. They looked out of place on a Cadillac. Glad you left the trunk emblem on. We should be proud to display the Cadillac emblem on these beautiful cars! :)

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the "chicklets" off my '09 too. They looked out of place on a Cadillac. Glad you left the trunk emblem on. We should be proud to display the Cadillac emblem on these beautiful cars! :)
I been debating on the new cadillac emblem

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
FWIW, I prefer the old emblem better.

·
Registered
2008 1SB DI 3.6L AWD CTS
88 Posts
My 2008 is identical, including in color.

I did pull the GM tabs off ASAP but have wondered what it would look like if I pulled the 3.6 and DI badge.

Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
'11 CTS4 Coupe / SlushBox
11 Posts
Nice shiny paint...the debadging will ease your waxing chores :) The GM emblem on the lower right fender...looks so 60's Mopar.....I'd have to leave it as I love'm.

I have a pet peeve about body shops that randomly reapply badging...god take some pride in your work haha!...this would take the guess work out of it for them!

I'll tell you one thing.....when I finally get my coupe, I'll be debadging the dealer logo, maybe even before I get off the lot.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I'll tell you one thing.....when I finally get my coupe, I'll be debadging the dealer logo, maybe even before I get off the lot.
One of the first things I do with every car I buy.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
One of the first things I do with every car I buy.
I would tell the dealer to remove it. If they screw up the paint, it's on them, not you. Better yet, tell them NOT to install them in the first place.

Marv

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I would tell the dealer to remove it. If they screw up the paint, it's on them, not you. Better yet, tell them NOT to install them in the first place.

Marv
Is that what you do? When was the last time you saw a vehicle on a dealership lot that didn't already have their logo on it?
All it takes is a razor and a steady hand.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Is that what you do? When was the last time you saw a vehicle on a dealership lot that didn't already have their logo on it?
All it takes is a razor and a steady hand.
I told my dealer, no license frame and no dealer names. They took them off and I didn't need to operate with a razor blade. Works for me.
Marv

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,338 Posts
Unless you pay me a monthly advertising fee, no dealer names on my car, period.

·
Registered
2018 XT5, 2008 Corvette C6 Coupe, 2013 LTZ 3500 Dually, 2016 Chevy LTZ, Z71 crew cab, 2016 ATS V Cou
66 Posts
I agree. I remove or have the dealer remove all dealership badging. I walked out on a Cadillac deal after the car is brought up from the detail shop and the dealer decal is still on it after emphatically telling them to remove it. They thought I was just kidding or going to get something from my truck, but I drove home. They put four messages on my answering machine that night. BTW those particular guys had made me angry with several of their high pressure tactics earlier in the day and I was already on the edge. When I went back Saturday morning there was a completely different attitude in the house.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts