Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GMForums is dead. So, I have a feeling that the bulk od the Caddy people there who weren't already spending time here as well, will soon join in. So, Roll call for the Rats :devil: (Myself included) who jumped the sunken ship? :bouncy:

Phil
aka IceHeart400
Moderator of the late Cadillac sections of GMForums.

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Hey Phil - Welcome to the CadillacForums! I perused the pictures of Alyssa on cardomains - very nice and different. Please post some pictures here in our image section and give us more details on your modifications and enhancements.

Sorry to hear about the GMForums...CadillacForums is here to stay so make yourself comfortable and enjoy the Board.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Welcome to the forum, im sorry your former home went away, but we're glad to have you here.

·
Banned
701 Posts
Welcome Phil/Iceheart

Glad to see you here. Shame bout the GMForums ! I think you will find a new niche here. Lots of good folks and plenty of Caddy Lovers that like clean fast rides. Look forward to seeing you around.

Don

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Welcome one and all from the defunct GM forums!

I went there a few times, but found it to be kind of dry, albeit informative.

We do things a little differently around here. It's the kind of place you can check in to, kick your shoes off, relax, have fun, and LEARN something every now and then.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You already know I came over, but I fled awhile ago, as it was sinking.

·
Registered
372 Posts
ShadowLvr400 said:
GMForums is dead. So, I have a feeling that the bulk od the Caddy people there who weren't already spending time here as well, will soon join in. So, Roll call for the Rats :devil: (Myself included) who jumped the sunken ship? :bouncy:

Phil
aka IceHeart400
Moderator of the late Cadillac sections of GMForums.
Welcome Shadow, (ICE) from GMF! You did afine job over at GMF and you will fit in real well, here at Caddy Forum. Great bunch over here and there are a lot of good topics that I find very informative and entertaining.

LJK....certified geezer gearhead.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
i started at GMforums till i found this site. But i posted there almost as much as here. Oh, and Sal, if you ever give up and wana sell, sell it to the people! heh

·
Registered
226 Posts
DeVillish said:
i started at GMforums till i found this site. But i posted there almost as much as here. Oh, and Sal, if you ever give up and wana sell, sell it to the people! heh

Me too. I typically enjoy reading the technical information about the Northstars and Seville issues. I pray that ********* will bring his wealth of knowledge here. The guy is a walking database on Northstar powerplants and everything Cadillac.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Iceheart! Glad to see you're here! Great job on ***************! Did you have any warnings as moderator? I, too, hope the bbob will bring his encyclopedic knowledge here!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Go ahead.......

Welcome all GM forums people!!!!! I found this site from there!!!!!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bit annoyed by that. I worked hard on the Cadillac section, was continuing to hunt down new products for us, offered help along with others in the tech questions... Ah well, I have class to go to for now, I'll worry about that later.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about GMForums - but - busy sites can be very expensive. John wasn't making a living on his sites. This is why we've started with advertising, vendors and premium memberships right off the bat. I hope that by the time things start getting very, very expensive, we'll have enough advertising and paid premium memberships to keep things going... I really think this is going to work out just fine...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You know, aside from the domain hosting, and softwares to run it, what other costs are there? (Not being snide or anything, just confused.) Been able to find a cheap domain hoster down here, basic package of 500 megs space, $10 a month + initial startup fee.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
19 Participants
LunaticSS