Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 ESV Pemium &18 XT5 Premium
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Escalade recently needed some warranty work. Took two trips and they ended up having my truck for two weeks. I had an XT5 loaner and the adviser was really nice and polite. But.... they didn't wash it. I also had to call to check on the status after over a week, thinking that was a long time without updating me on the progress (or lack there of).

Worth doing a survey over? I typically only do surveys for when I feel someone went above and beyond or when I'm really pissed off.

I don't necessarily want to ding them. My car was fixed correctly. They are the closest dealer, but I do have options being in the Cincinnati area. Do they give a crap either way? Does Cadillac give you any reward points for completing a survey?

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,766 Posts
The dealership cares because it affects there bonus money from Cadillac. They’d rather you fill it out perfect or not at all. But sounds like they could use the feedback on lack of updates and lack of a car wash. If they isn’t specific questions about those issues they type it in the comments section.
Or like you said, don’t bother filling it out if that’s what you’d prefer.

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV Platinum
285 Posts
But.... they didn't wash it.
Your Escalade? You’re lucky if so, they saved you a bunch of swirl correction work.

Jokes aside, well a serious topic for me but I digress, I’d let the dealership know my dissatisfactions first and that next time those dissatisfactions may be reflected on a future survey. Then, if it happens again, I know I tried before ‘giving it to them’ with the means I have. I’d even mention in the survey I gave them a chance last time to make things right next time but it has now come to this the second time around.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The big mega complexes really push. The local, they send out sometimes, if think about will fill out, they dont call harassing you.
It all family, family friends, etc. So its very laid back, you might get a call, might not. When ready will let yah know,
They know have a couple other cars so just take me home, no need for a loaner, come pick me up when ready. No they do not wash it which is
fine with me, prefer they do not. Mega dealers will kiss arse but in my case again not that big of deal.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,471 Posts
I agree with one of the above posts, they did you a favor by not washing it. When I've taken a car to the dealer, I've specifically requested they not wash it. If you're a "foam brush" kind of person though.....

I don't think a weekly update is unreasonable

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I also tell the dealer NEVER to wash my car. I have seen the idiots they have back in the wash rack and all they would do is destroy the paint.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
143 Posts
Ditto on NOT wanting the dealership to wash my vehicles. I fill out the surveys and give kudos to my service advisor since he's the one who most directly deals with me. I've added constructive feedback (for example on the lack of a transmission fix) to the comments but don't "ding" the dealer since it's not their fault anyway.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
That’s how I’ve approached my last few surveys. The questions involving the good people I deal with get perfect scores and then I air out my complaints with the product, process, or whatever in the comments.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I've heard they complete the surveys without you participating in it as they don't want to have problems.
I don’t know how they would do that. The surveys are sent to the customers from Cadillac Corp or some third party. The dealer never gets the survey until you complete it

·
Registered
2016 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette
525 Posts
I thought I was the only one that will not allow the dealer to wash my car. lol. Actually, I would think a luxury car dealer should hand wash your vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree on the hand wash. Heck, for $25 or so, they can charge me for it, just make it look right. Those BS washes most dealers do are terrible. There is a golf course near me that washes and waxes your car while you play. It's $20 plus tip. You play a round, come back and your car is flawless. It's like the best Sunday you can ask for. Dealers should take some notes.

·
Registered
18 ESV Pemium &18 XT5 Premium
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Old thread I started. My dealer has been so good to me the few times I've needed to visit in the last 18+ months of ownership. So much so that I picked my wife up an XT5 back in January. They always offer to pick up either car and leave a loaner for the free oil changes. Haven't charged me for wipers. I'm not there much at all and my advisor always recognizes me, remembers my name. Customer service is a lost art. Those little things make me happy. Unfortunately the wife's is same color. Now we just look like douche pickles when we meet somewhere with his and hers red Caddys. LOL

As far as washing....I have monthly unlimited passes at a local place that does a good job. I used to enjoy detailing my own vehicles, but not anymore. My time is too valuable and life's too short. I change vehicles too often to worry about rubbing it with a diaper.

My initial gripe was more service oriented. Had a Yukon Denali prior. GMC treated me like I had a Chevy Spark. I've owned a Lincoln without any better service than Ford. I've also been spoiled by Lexus and Infiniti. I guess I just expect more of the luxury experience when paying for a luxury vehicle. Snobbish? Maybe. But if a lot of dealers, restaurants and service oriented businesses in general don't up their game, they're not going to survive. Winter is coming in more ways than one. I'll pay for good service, but I'll also go out of my way to avoid crappy service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts