Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had issues with the touch functionalities since day one. It comes and goes though. When i asked for help from the dealer they said they don't do updates, and when they checked the issue they simply said they have replaced the unit or module for me. The issues keeps getting back every now and then.. I don't just need the update to sort out the fix, I also know that such update will add more features and will also have better software performance and response.. Is there a link somewhere to file a claim?

thank you

·
Registered
2016 AWD 2.0T LUXE, 2016 C7 TBDE vert, 2003 Avey Z66
614 Posts
My unit was replaced in January due to same. I don't think that a "update" will solve your issues. Replace the screen and or both the screen and head unit. FWIW

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My unit was replaced in January due to same. I don't think that a "update" will solve your issues. Replace the screen and or both the screen and head unit. FWIW
Thank you for your reply, i was wondering though in addition to replacing the unit, why is it that the dealers are refusing to update the unit firmware?..

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,789 Posts
Because they don't want to have to deal with bricked units

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,251 Posts
Dealers are mainly limited to making CUE work at our model year design.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because they don't want to have to deal with bricked units
I figured out the issue, after hard reseting the unit, the problem stopped but when i started using apple carplay again, the issue came back. Turning off Apple carplay fixed it..

I still need the latest update for CUE though. I hope i can talk to GM Managements somewhere to help me sort out this issue with our local dealer ship.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,251 Posts
If your car is made early in the model year, then they come out with fixes, updates, TSBs, then
your dealer can update your CUE with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts