Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CTS V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 2019 V in for a satellite radio issue and pulled up the MyCadillac data yesterday to find someone had driven my car 16 miles with 6 hard accelerations. Called the dealer to complain but I'm wondering if I have any recourse? Anyone else ever deal with this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 Luxury
22 Posts
I have my 2019 V in for a satellite radio issue and pulled up the MyCadillac data yesterday to find someone had driven my car 16 miles with 6 hard accelerations. Called the dealer to complain but I'm wondering if I have any recourse? Anyone else ever deal with this?

Thanks.
I’m not sure what anyone else would do but I would be calling up to speak with a service manager or the owner of the dealership. Take a screenshot of the app that shows the date. You will have paperwork showing that the car was in their possession when the app shows the 6 hard accelerations and an extra 16 miles on the car.

All I can think of is Ferris Bueller’s Day off....I would be pissed if I found out someone drove my car from a dealership if there wasn’t a need to. Satellite radio repair is not a reason to drive your car 16 miles. Obviously someone there saw you had a V model and decided to take it for a spin.

I am not sure how they could make this right for me but I would let them know how my confidence in the type of people working at the dealership has gone down if this is how they treat someone else’s property.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
-Administrator-
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
66,891 Posts
No reason whatsoever to "test drive" a radio question. That's parking lot work. Something's fishy. As posted, record the data and raise hell. PITA to get it all logged/printed, but handy when/if a powertrain part breaks "for no reason".

·
Registered
2019 CTS V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At least I know I'm not over reacting. I am really pissed but don't want to be unreasonable. At the same time it is total BS. The Service Manager called me and instead of apologizing and taking responsibility, he basically defended the dealers right to drive the car and said the tech told him he didn't accelerate hard. Even if they had to drive it, for a radio issue which is BS, I told him 16 miles is stupid. I don't put 16 miles a day on the car!

To make matters worse, this is the second time in for the same issue and still not resolution in sight. I may have to move it to another dealer but what a PITA.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 Luxury
22 Posts
What reason would they have to drive the vehicle? I guess he is also saying that the service they offer with the MyCadillac App is also not functioning properly?? 6 hard accelerations don’t just pop up on their own. 6 hard accelerations in 16 miles is a lot too IMO.

I would be pretty upset about this. Just because the dealership has “the right” to drive it doesn’t mean they need to. What reason could the tech have to drive a vehicle for a satellite radio issue? Does this mean if I take my car to their dealership for an oil change I can expect a technician to take my car out for a little 16 mile joy ride? My Cadillac dealership isn’t even 16 miles from my house...I would be VERY upset to hear they drove my car that far. When I took my car in for a transmission issue they didn’t drive it that far.

Man....I am upset for you enough that I feel like this happened to me. I would be trying to contact Cadillac customer service to see what they would have to say about this. I have never had to go that rout but I believe someone other then this dealership is going to be the only way you get some answers on how this is acceptable service.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 Luxury
22 Posts
How do I tell how my car was driven? Is there an app?
I have the MyCadillac App installed on my iPhone and I am enrolled in Cadillac Smart Driver which shows how you drive the car (hard acceleration/hard breaking/late night driving, etc). This also shows how many miles you put on your car per trip along with gas mileage.

You would be able to tell if the car was driven by the dealership (or anyone else) since it has a time and date connected to it. It looks something like this

IMG_1356.jpg

·
Registered
17 Escalade,17 Chevy SS,88Corvette,71Corvette
451 Posts
This happened in NJ at a Ford dealership. Cadillac customer service should be notified. How the service manager defended his technician I find appalling. The mechanics jobs were lost at the Ford dealership. In my eyes the service manager and the technician deserves to be fired. The owner of the dealership should’ve contacted you immediately and apologized. Cadillac is supposed to be upscale. You should post the dealership name on this board. You’re handling this in a calm way, however by now I would’ve escalated this immediately to Cadillac if you haven’t gotten anything else from the General Manager or owners of the dealership

https://nj1015.com/new-jersey-man-catches-mechanics-taking-his-car-for-a-joy-ride/

·
Registered
2008 DTS
1,307 Posts
I'd surely go over the Service Managers heard until I got satisfaction. Anyone who defends ignorance deserves what ignorance gets, I get mad when the mechanic has dirty hands. I can't imagine this...

·
Registered
2010 V Sedan 2015 Denali
106 Posts
I always take pics of the odometer when I drop the car off, and also take pics of the wheels if there is anything being done to them during service. They jack up the wheels all the time.

I've thought about engaging valet mode when dropping it off, if it's for things where they don't need to drive it, like this. But, I never do. I think I'll start doing that now.

I'll add my $.02, that I would be SUPER pissed if this happened to me. I would absolutely raise holy hell about it. Sorry it happened to you.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 Luxury
22 Posts
Read post #2 I wrote...it’s what I first thought of.

I really hope for the OP this wasn’t the case. It’s the not knowing that would kill me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
-Administrator-
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
66,891 Posts
^^^ Yeah, that - perform a GM Drive Cycle to tune the radio or try to outrun the satellite................ :sneaky:

·
Registered
2019 CTS V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Appreciate all the feedback. Quick update, the "actual" service manager called me after my conversation with the first guy who I thought was the service manager. He apologized and did the song and dance about not having documented the concern correctly and said he would put in my file that moving forward any test drives would have to be approved by me. Beyond that there wasn't much he could do but he did offer to fill the tank with gas.

All said, what can I do. The main issue now is I picked up the car after they had it for 1 week, drove back to work, got back in the car to leave and guess what.....Same issue!

Has anyone here had a similar problem and can advise how it was fixed? Long story short, the SXM goes out after the car is turned off and when I restart I get "SiriusXM Tuner Unavailable" and all the presets go dark. Sometimes after several days and on/off cycles the SXM tuner will start working again but once the car is turned off, the cycle starts again.

Dealer changed the radio this time, first time did a software update. So far, no dice. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2019 CTS V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honestly at this point I would just like the SXM tuner issue resolved. Please refer to case # 9-5313901662. The dealer is supposedly in contact with a Field Engineer and Platform Engineer and so far no guidance on how to fix it. I do not want to leave my car at the dealer for weeks for obvious reasons but I am really frustrated that a new car is having this type of issue with little support from Cadillac.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3rd Gen Steller Black on Platinum Lux
68 Posts
Valet mode coming to the V?? That's some bogus, I hope that Caddy rep just didn't give you a post to act like they were doing something then never ACTUALLY solved your issue with XM. I recently had my CUE just die on me with XM on it, the screen just died but came back to life next time I started it.

·
Registered
2019 CTS V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Valet mode coming to the V?? That's some bogus, I hope that Caddy rep just didn't give you a post to act like they were doing something then never ACTUALLY solved your issue with XM. I recently had my CUE just die on me with XM on it, the screen just died but came back to life next time I started it.
Car has been back at dealer since Thursday last week. Still trying to figure it out. In other news, the 19 CTS loaner car they gave me has the exact same issue! I mentioned to dealer that seems like a software issue versus a my car issue but nothing back yet.

Does anyone else have SXM going on/off for no reason?

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
334 Posts
Car has been back at dealer since Thursday last week. Still trying to figure it out. In other news, the 19 CTS loaner car they gave me has the exact same issue! I mentioned to dealer that seems like a software issue versus a my car issue but nothing back yet.

Does anyone else have SXM going on/off for no reason?
Mine had the issue. Six trips to the dealer with the same results. I even had the OnStar not available at times. There is something in either the LAN system with electrical on the car or a software. Before I dumped the junker, the dealer told me there was a new bulletin coming out. That was in March 2019, seems like that was a big lie as well. I had screen shots of the CUE system locked up, navigation not working and the OnStar locked out. Dealer response, "Could not duplicate". Funny I dropped the car off with the issue, picked it up and it was doing the same thing. They saw it live both times and still had the response "Could not duplicate." Good luck on getting it fixed. I had a list 5 items long wrong with mine when I got rid of it.
Best day of my life when I promised myself, never again would I buy a new GM vehicle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts