Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 V with a few mods, cat backs, ported input manifold and throttle body, and a Lingenfelter cold air intake. Had a performance tune a couple of years ago and everything worked great for a couple of years until I cleaned and reoiled the air filter. I started getting the dreaded system light on the dash. Took it to Cadillac and they simply said, you put an aftermarket air filter on and we assume that is the problem. We won't help you anymore. One of the service reps even told me it might void the warranty. After I told him that thousands of corvette owners might disagree, he shut up.
Anyway, is it possible that I just got some oil on the air sensor and it's causing the error message. How hard is that to fix?
My dealer won't even touch the Lingenfelter air intake, like it will somehow contaminate them. Is this standard GM practice?

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,105 Posts
No idea on the GM treatment, but K&N includes a notice all about this subject. If I were you, I'd remove the MAF, blow a bunch of cleaner through it (like MAF cleaner though I use carb cleaner or even brake cleaner with no ill effects) and try again. You may also have not clamped something down right.

·
Registered
07 - CTS-V
407 Posts
if you can get them to at least read the trouble code and tell you what it is that may help you to figure it out.

While I agree that a CAI shouldn't effect your warranty without further reasons, I can see them not replacing a MAF with a CAI installed as that could be a direct reason for failure. but like above, clean you MAF that may help.

Also check all the hoses that come off the intake tube, make sure they are connected at both ends

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V 6MT (Sold), 2007 CTS-V (Sold)
1,409 Posts
Yep clean MAF and check intake tube connections for leaks. Should be as simple as that.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
What is the code?

'06 was the first year for a descreened MAF if I recall.
These are subject to code setting due to turbulence in the MAF when you change out the factory air box.
From a certain perspective what they are saying is accurate, they can't diagnose it with all that equipment in place.
This is what I would recommend for a person in your position.

Take the CAI off and if you still have it, reinstall the factory air box (after you clean the MAF).
Drive it and if your problem goes away I'd say you found the problem.
Moving the air filter could have caused airflow issues and set codes.
As stated above it would be good to know what the codes are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts