Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Now that this issue is resolved I thought I would share with you. When I bought my car there was some tree sap on the paint, and some water marks. The dealer promised to take care of the paint and I agreed as part of the purchase, in writing. Well, their body shop wet sanded the car and gave it back to me in terrible shape. In sunlight or at night it looked like a spider had spun a web across the entire car. I returned six times, and six times they couldn't fix it, glazed it, and within a week the problem returned.

Well, after arguing an hour and a half with the owner of the dealer, who said he wanted the first car payment he made (without my knowledge or agreement), before he would do anything else, I decided to go elsewhere. Like I am going to pay them for damaging my car! Anyway, I took the car to a detailing shop and they did a beautiful job. They removed all the scratches, showed me where some of the marks remained from where they did a poor wet sanding job a the dealer, and made it look new again.

I have to say, this is the worst dealership experience of my life. I have never met such a crooked bunch of guys. From the interest rate to failing to tell me they made a payment (I am sure they were forced to as they screwed up the interest rate and did not have a contract from me), they really were unethical. After that, the paint issue only confirmed it. BUT, the silver lining is I finally got the paint fixed (and will of course deduct all associated costs from what I may or may not owe them).

Never again will a dealer detail my 50k + car . . . lesson learned. :banghead:

·
Registered
08 CTS 3.6L DI FE2 RWD NAV, OEM Spoiler, D3 CAI, LOADED
203 Posts
Sounds like a NJ dealership where I bought my new '87 black Corvette. The top had a water leak from the day I took delivery. To 'check' the leak, they dragged a hose across the hood of the brand new Vette....

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not that I wouldn't sympathize with you before, but I REALLY do now! And yes, the customer satisfaction survey is going to be a lot of fun . . . where do I begin . . . incorrect finance rate, damage to paint, coercion regarding the survey (told I must put completely satisfied or they wouldn't give me the warranty), or the "car payment" they made without my awareness. Geez . . .

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Better start a 2nd piece of paper now. The survey only gives you the typical multiple choices to rate and a little room at the bottom for other comments. And they always ask, Is it okay to share this information with the dealer?

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
You can only hope that this is one of the dealers scheduled to be cut. I sure hope it gets better from here!

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
That's a pretty raw deal you got there. However, why did you buy a new car with paint blemishes to begin with? Was it that good of a screaming deal?

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car had some tree sap that I noticed after I washed it for the first time (after I already bought it). I took it back to the dealer to show them and they sent it to their body shop. The body shop then screwed the paint up and was unable to fix it (they did get the tree sap off). I wouldn't have purchased it with paint that looked like it did after they tried to "fix" it.

·
Registered
CTS 08
302 Posts
Sadly, this sort of experience is not rare at GM dealers, even Cadillac dealers. Some of these guys really need to get cut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts