Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Escalade EXE and a 2008 SRX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 08 on the weekend nice I had the dealership replace a front drivers market light. $173.80 that better be one hell of a light.
I am now at the point of thinking should i get out of this money pit wile I still can.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD
336 Posts
You'll probably lose one every year or 2, better learn how to do it yourself. It's not 'hard' but it's a moronic design. Take the front wheel off and remove the wheel well cover to get at the housing. Takes 1/2 hour, 45 mins.

·
Registered
2006 SRX V8
32 Posts
Hey Congratulation on the new ride.

You are going to love the driving experience, I have an 2006 v8 which I purchase a little over a year ago and have no regrets.

However if you don't have a little bit of a shade tree mechanic in you, it can become costly to maintain. Bookmark this site and learn what you can about trouble shooting issues.... most have been minor in my case.

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
687 Posts
That stupid DRL thing is guaranteed to p*ss off any owner and no doubt has sent many (who don't do their own repairs on the cheap) off to other brands.

The doubly stupid thing is that the turn signal doesn't function when the DRL on that side is burnt out. With all the friggin lights on this thing, you'd at least think they would have done it like the GM pickup trucks of similar vintage.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD
336 Posts
I wonder how difficult it would be to swap them out with something LEDish that would last longer.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2005 STS 1SG, 2005 STS 1SC, 2004 SRX AWD MRC
108 Posts
I posted about the side marker and the little light between the headlights in response to the OP's post about the side marker light.

·
Registered
06 v6 SRX
491 Posts
So 3redlines - I need to replace the one in the head light . How long did it take you to replace on yours ? I gave up after an hour . Moronic design ? YES !!!!!

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2005 STS 1SG, 2005 STS 1SC, 2004 SRX AWD MRC
108 Posts
I took a leisurely afternoon to do it as part of a bigger job of swapping a halogen projector for HID. Yes the bumper did come off. Think this is bad, try it on a newer Mercedes or BMW!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts