Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Black Raven 2012 CTS V Sedan Thundar Gray 2007 STS V Sedan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, we had to go back to the dealer (That was annoying):annoyed:
So while we were waiting, our sales man wants to take the car and clean it, we live in the Northwest, so the car was a mess from the 300 mile drive on the freeway, in the driving rain. I didn’t think anything of it. So an hour later….when we left it was dark.
Car is Beautiful..:cloud9:
The-use-to-be mirror finish, now has fine scratches and swirls in the paint!:banghead:
Does anyone know of anything that will restore my paints original finish?
I have used Carnauba products on my last V, which was Grey. This Black Raven is going to be a challenge...
Any advice
:hmm:

·
Registered
<-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(
1,172 Posts
Never let a dealer wash it. EVER.

Now, that being said, you will need proper paint correction. That will involve a wash, clay bar, two-step polishing, and then a sealant.

Go here: www.autogeek.net

Great tutorials on what you'll need to do. Or, you can use them to find a recommended detailer in your area. Which is what I would recommend in this case.

Good luck!

----------

Here are some pics of what can be done with the proper products, tools, and techniques. I do pretty good work! :D

·
Registered
09 CTS V
87 Posts
Autogeek is where its at. This place will blow your mind with what you can do you yourself with the proper tools. I was a weekend warrior when it comes to autodetailing and this site opened my eyes up to how to really do things. Like hulksdaddy said, go here and read the tutorials and read the advice on the products and tools to buy. You will be hooked.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Never let a dealer wash it. EVER.
THIS. I have taken to leaving a note in my car when it's in for routine service, right on the dashboard--DO NOT WASH. This is because on a couple of occasions, even after I said "don't wash", they did anyway simply because it's what the majority of their customers do.

Now that I own a darker color, I have to be even more vigilent. The dealer doesn't mean to do badly and is just trying to be nice....but it can go badly.

12,778 Posts
KellyE, I'm so sorry to hear about your paint concerns! If you would like me to document your dealership feedback or investigate any aspect further for you, I'm just an email away. Send me a message anytime at [email protected] for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 7 of 7 Posts