Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment for wednesday about my 1-2 shift clunk and a slight whining.

I just bought this car a month ago and was told the warranty would be up this summer. Where can I check my VIN and make sure my warranty is still valid?

Anything else I should look for that should be covered under warranty? The back cover of one of the front seats is coming off slightly (is that covered?). thanks guys.

·
Registered
CTS-V
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize I thought the VIN check was for carfax alone. I have the carfax but don't see anything in the short report that has the service history. Maybe I need to bring out the long report if that has the information.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum
1,182 Posts
the VIN check (linked in my first response) has nothing to do with Carfax. In that thread you can request a service history and can see when your warranty is valid through.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
Check the TSB's (Technical Service Bulletin's) against your your year,make and model at the link below. If will point out some of the known weak spots on your car... for you to take a second look at before your warranty runs out. Your service adviser at the stealership can advise you to your warranty expiration date.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts