Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are you talking about the dealership fees? Each state has different regulations on that but the 595 that I thought I saw on yours is very reasonable

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
1,581 Posts
It looks like they added $4000.00
That's not selling at MSRP but in the current market that is less than a lot of people are paying.
But I don't see any signatures on that document.
If that document is a sales agreement and it is signed by both parties it should be the final price and should be binding.
If it is not signed by both parties then it is just a piece of paper and they can change the price to whatever they want.

·
Registered
2022 Escalade ESV Sport Platinum - Supercruise, Night Vision, Power Running Boards, Onyx
68 Posts
4k market adjustment? If you're getting this off the lot, and not for an order that you place a long time ago and waited for build, I think it's a great deal. I'd pay it.

·
Registered
96 FWB
3,757 Posts
First off, welcome to the Cadillac Forum. But sorry, nowhere on that piece of paper (whatever that piece of paper is supposed to be) do I see anything even remotely similar to a typical normal usual window sticker - - you know with the manufacturer's msrp. Ssoooo, there could be a batch 'o buks already glommed on even before getting to whatever the Ethos thing is supposed to be.

Cliffs: Given the amount on the top of that paper isn't really much money at all nowadays, but the newb OP should really be conducting business with the dealer and requiring them to identify all them numbers, not a batch 'o strangers on da indurnets.

Reactions: The Mothership

·
Registered
110 Posts
Maybe this isn't the whole document but i don't see nothing pertaining to the actual vehicle you're buying. No VIN, stock, order number, etc.

Reactions: typeak

·
Registered
116 Posts
It looks like they added $4000.00
That's not selling at MSRP but in the current market that is less than a lot of people are paying.
But I don't see any signatures on that document.
If that document is a sales agreement and it is signed by both parties it should be the final price and should be binding.
If it is not signed by both parties then it is just a piece of paper and they can change the price to whatever they want.
I see the 4k fit market adjustment and the taxes are all wrong. If you put 60k down then the taxes, even at 6% should only be 3k. They’re getting you two places. I’m curious what kind of interest rates they gave you?! They probably tried to rob you there also! Look it over again! It’s just doesn’t sound right.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
1,581 Posts
I see the 4k fit market adjustment and the taxes are all wrong. If you put 60k down then the taxes, even at 6% should only be 3k. They’re getting you two places. I’m curious what kind of interest rates they gave you?! They probably tried to rob you there also! Look it over again! It’s just doesn’t sound right.
The taxes are charged on the entire price of the vehicle.
The down payment will not reduce the taxes due.

If your theory was correct all they would have to do is get the loan and put the money in their bank account. Then make a 100% down payment for the vehicle and pay no taxes at all.
Unfortunately, that's not how it works.
Edit: At least here in Michigan.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The taxes are charged on the entire price of the vehicle.
The down payment will not reduce the taxes due.

If your theory was correct all they would have to do is get the loan and put the money in their bank account. Then make a 100% down payment for the vehicle and pay no taxes at all.
Unfortunately, that's not how it works.
Edit: At least here in Michigan.
A lot of states let you cut your taxes by trading in. Even here with jewelry you just pay taxes on the difference. I grew up in Michigan and lived there until I was in my 30’s. I was pissed when i found out when I moved to Georgia. You have to learn a new way to negotiate because the more for your trade in equals less taxes. So you make sure you get all you can from your trade in! Michigan just loves to tax people to death. I had a 958 sqft house and it was 8k a year. I have a house now 4 times that size and I’m lucky if I pay over 2k. And now the Governor is trying to remove state income tax too like Florida and Texas!

·
Registered
109 Posts
A lot of states let you cut your taxes by trading in. Even here with jewelry you just pay taxes on the difference. I grew up in Michigan and lived there until I was in my 30’s. I was pissed when i found out when I moved to Georgia. You have to learn a new way to negotiate because the more for your trade in equals less taxes. So you make sure you get all you can from your trade in! Michigan just loves to tax people to death. I had a 958 sqft house and it was 8k a year. I have a house now 4 times that size and I’m lucky if I pay over 2k. And now the Governor is trying to remove state income tax too like Florida and Texas!
A down payment and trade in are 2 different things.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts