Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to reserve my Lyriq online last year and submit my build in December. What’s confusing is that he’s saying my order will be placed on the 19th and that I’ll get it later this year. I was under the assumption my order was already in. Their location is getting a demo unit and new orders will start at around $69k. I was able to confirm my pricing will stay at $62,180 which accounts for my black paint and 22” wheels.

Anybody else get a call?

·
Vendor
366 Posts
I was able to reserve my Lyriq online last year and submit my build in December. What’s confusing is that he’s saying my order will be placed on the 19th and that I’ll get it later this year. I was under the assumption my order was already in. Their location is getting a demo unit and new orders will start at around $69k. I was able to confirm my pricing will stay at $62,180 which accounts for my black paint and 22” wheels.

Anybody else get a call?
You won't bypass any orders from the 18/19th that's why Cadillac is doing it this way.

·
Vendor
366 Posts
So you’re saying the initial batch is being lumped in with the new batch of orders?
Correct. If they just kept placing orders all this time what good is the 18/19th? LYRIQ would have already been sold out before second round of orders.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct. If they just kept placing orders all this time what good is the 18/19th? LYRIQ would have already been sold out before second round of orders.
I get what you’re saying. In my mind there was only 1 order period. That was in December when they notified the reservation holders to come in and build the car to submit and agree to pricing. I assumed everyone else was queuing up for this 2nd window. My confusion is why am I even called for this window when we submitted in December from my reservation in September? Do you think it could be so I have the option of updating to AWD etc?

·
Vendor
366 Posts
I get what you’re saying. In my mind there was only 1 order period. That was in December when they notified the reservation holders to come in and build the car to submit and agree to pricing. I assumed everyone else was queuing up for this 2nd window. My confusion is why am I even called for this window when we submitted in December from my reservation in September? Do you think it could be so I have the option of updating to AWD etc?
Are you talking about a Debut Edition? Is that what you have a reservation for? If so, completely different topic.

·
Registered
CTS, SRX
212 Posts
Yes I have a Debut edition.
I’ll defer to Jason but it sounds like your dealer either didn’t understand or is trying to get more $ out of you. your MSRP is the 62K number, if he wants more sounds like he is trying to get a market adjustment out of you. Might be time to investigate other dealers

Jason can be a big help and Lockhart

·
Registered
Lyriq Debut Edition (22",SatnStl,SkyCool)
77 Posts
That seems extremely odd. What was the point of doing the ordering last year? I'd ask your dealer to re-check that. If he has you re-order on the 18th-19th then he'd be able to sell the Debut Edition or the second vehicle when they came in. Seems kind of sketchy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's a completely different topic. I assume you are just waiting on a build date?
That's a completely different topic. I assume you are just waiting on a build date?
Exactly. I don’t know if the employee had me down as a contact for someone who paid a deposit and had to wait or what? I already have an order number and have had it since December with price sheet included.

·
Vendor
366 Posts
Exactly. I don’t know if the employee had me down as a contact for someone who paid a deposit and had to wait or what? I already have an order number and have had it since December with price sheet included.
You should be good to go. Dealer sounds confused.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to everyone that responded. I went ahead and called back. It’s still 1 car and it’s the Debut I reserved from my initial online request in September. Last year was a pre-lim order and he was told all orders go in starting the 19th. He reassured me, I will get mine and it will be MSRP. The other information about price hikes and other orders was just everything he knew in general from his conversation this morning.

Definitely eager to see what Lockhart gets to see if everyone is getting told the same thing

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bet they had you confused with someone waiting to order.

later this year is encouraging though m
It does. I expected Fall anyway because of my color choice. Fingers crossed for you MSRP is still the same. I didn’t ask my guy if his $10k bump was dealer pricing or MSRP because of inflation etc

1 - 20 of 36 Posts