Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my caddy from a Mercedes and BMW dealer. They told me the previous owner had long since lost the 2nd key fob and set of keys. They called me tonight (the dealership) to let me know that since they still haven't located the keys (the previous owner) and since I was so persistant in my pursuit of getting this car (we went round and round on the trade in because I didn't want to put and $$ down and the book on the car was higher than the book on my trade (a 2003 Dodge Pickup)and since most people trade up in years not down that they (the dealership) purchased a replacement set of keys and key fob and I can pick them up anytime after 10am tomorrow at my local cadillac dealership!!! You guys know what that costs (30+ for the keys and what like $80 for the key fob?) and they are paying for programming to get the stupid "Welcome Mr. Johnson" removed from the radio when I turn it on. I called my cadillac dealer to confirm and they said it would take about an hour to do everything and that it was all prepaid and all they needed was my exisiting keys / fob and the car and are giving me a loaner cadillac (a 2005 Deville) since I have to work the next 2 weeks and don't have a week day off to bring the car down (I think the BMW/Mercedes dealer paid for that too since it was not something the Caddy dealer would be expected to do on a non-warranty service on a car not purchased from them). All I can say is WOW! I know where I'm going for my next pre-owned car!!! Too bad my wife just had to buy a newer vehicle as they have a 99 Eldorado ETC with like 62,000 miles on it sitting there.... I WANT IT SOOOO BAD but my wife said we cannot justify another payment right now since we just bought a house. She said to trade the deville for it but I can't do that cause I love this car!! Just want them both!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Wow!
It seems to me that the luxury car dealers always go way out of their way to satisfy customers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts