Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry you had such a bad experience.... I can vouch for the experience with Lockhart!

When will new orders be processed with 2022s?

·
Vendor
29 Posts
The order may have been messed up by mistake. Then they tried to cover it up by saying
the wrong seats are better.

The only logical reason to change the order is if the ordering buyer is getting a great deal,
but the dealer figures he can sell the cancelled order for MSRP or higher.

Customer orders do get priority over orders for stock, which often have a limit at
each dealer for popular vehicles. .
Tough to mess up the order. Like I said before....more than likely never ordered the vehicle and they had a stock unit very similar inbound.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,561 Posts
The order may have been messed up by mistake. Then they tried to cover it up by saying
the wrong seats are better.

The only logical reason to change the order is if the ordering buyer is getting a great deal,
but the dealer figures he can sell the cancelled order for MSRP or higher.

Customer orders do get priority over orders for stock, which often have a limit at
each dealer for popular vehicles. .
Nonetheless, the dealer screwed over his customer who, in this case as always, was right.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,887 Posts
I'm in just to see when (if) this gets Cady Cust Care's attention and response. However, posts are 'trending' to an unwinnable unresolvable rabbit hole they may already know as a simple matter of 'meh, dealers'. LOL But I am serious, and upon the rare occasion I purchase a whole third new vehicle in life it'll be good to know one more little wrinkle re: product rationing. And bringing a telescope to contract-signing. And bird-dogging EVERY step of the order process. And-

It would be gratifying to see the OP turn the bowl of poop they got handed into a sweet ending for themselves after all. Patience may pay off ordering a newer model year with that many more design bugs weeded out.

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport,1987 Buick Grand National,1972 Pontiac,2018 Ram megacab stick
648 Posts
File a complaint with Cadillac. They purposely did that so they could sell it to someone else if you didn't buy it. I spent months trying to get a dealer to order me a stick shift Ram truck and all refused because if I didn't buy it they would be stuck with it.

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,811 Posts
This happened to a customer: Chevy Dealer Surprises 2020 Corvette Buyer with $10K Market Adjustment at Delivery (Updated) - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle

Ross Perot told GM a long time ago to get their act together.

·
Registered
2012 EXT 2016 SRT 2019 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
We ordered Dec 24 our dream Escalade esv. We need the bench seats in our family in the second row. We ordered a dark moon blue w the whisper beige interior 4wd premium luxury platinum with a heavy duty towing package. We also ordered the bright sport mesh grille. Four months pass with constant checking on the cadillac chat bubble for info. I got the vin before the dealer did. When the car came in March 25 it was gorgeous EXCEPT NO BENCH seat. Our “trusty” sales guy said when I commented “they don’t resell well”. Really!?!? And the car did not have the right front grill. We were livid. They said they person who ordered it was not there (of Course). They offered to order us another (and another four months for a car now that would be at the end of the model year). No thanks. Beware. It was a WIN-WIN for Moore Cadillac in Chantilly. They sold that car immediately. They aren’t allowed to order as many cars as they want but if they use customers like they used us they can get more cars through.
I have always dealt with Lindsay in Alexandria. Always have treated me well.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,887 Posts
Good find, heavy-. But I'ma not thinking I'd need a 'judicial friend' to tell me a signed contract of two individuals of the age of majority with offer, acceptance and 'consideration' in downpayment, is legally binding on both parties. And, default by either is cause for action and (very very likely) multiples more $$,$$$ in actual/puntive damages than the felony-class amount of extortion attempted by that dealer. But man this thread delivers! I'm learnin' all kinds of good stuff for when I win the lottery and get me a brand-new car.

The new owner should still give 1-Star rating wherever possible. He already knows never to go back or they're gonna git that $10,000 back one way or'tother.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We ordered Dec 24 our dream Escalade esv. We need the bench seats in our family in the second row. We ordered a dark moon blue w the whisper beige interior 4wd premium luxury platinum with a heavy duty towing package. We also ordered the bright sport mesh grille. Four months pass with constant checking on the cadillac chat bubble for info. I got the vin before the dealer did. When the car came in March 25 it was gorgeous EXCEPT NO BENCH seat. Our “trusty” sales guy said when I commented “they don’t resell well”. Really!?!? And the car did not have the right front grill. We were livid. They said they person who ordered it was not there (of Course). They offered to order us another (and another four months for a car now that would be at the end of the model year). No thanks. Beware. It was a WIN-WIN for Moore Cadillac in Chantilly. They sold that car immediately. They aren’t allowed to order as many cars as they want but if they use customers like they used us they can get more cars through.
Stick with Lincoln and you can't go wrong. These are the words of a long-time Caddy owner who is now 75 and has two new Lincolns sitting in my garage!!

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV Premium
302 Posts
I would never own a Lincoln. Hate the sound of their power train. You are either a GM guy or Ford guy. I for one would never go to the dark side, and my wife reminds me on occasion when she sees a Lincoln.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Beware. It was a WIN-WIN for Moore Cadillac in Chantilly. They sold that car immediately. They aren’t allowed to order as many cars as they want but if they use customers like they used us they can get more cars through.
Which is why I love my VSport, but doubt I will own another Cadillac. Love the cars, hate the dealers.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,561 Posts
Which is why I love my VSport, but doubt I will own another Cadillac. Love the cars, hate the dealers.
Don't believe for a moment another brand of dealers will be an upgrade. I hate my Audi dealership with a passion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't believe for a moment another brand of dealers will be an upgrade. I hate my Audi dealership with a passion.
I agree with you: it is a rare dealer that is not a crook.

As car as dealers go, I would rather pay for Ford or Toyota level service and have it meet or exceed my expectations than pay for premium service and see it fall short.

At the end of the day, I see a Bronco in my future. All electric Cadillac does not excite me.

·
Registered
‘21 Escalade PL Platinum
965 Posts
Amen to that.

My Jaguar dealer has not only been a ”Pride of Jaguar“ dealer for years, but the last few years they’ve been the #1 Jag dealer in the country for both sales and service. Let’s just say if they’re the best, I feel REALLY sorry for those who deal with the average Jag dealer.

The same group owns the Porsche dealer, and has been the #1 dealer in the country for years. Yet a good friend just spent many more months than necessary returning an obvious lemon Cayenne. She ended up losing ~10k on the deal, even though the dealer kept assuring her she’d come out “even”.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts