Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered Dec 24 our dream Escalade esv. We need the bench seats in our family in the second row. We ordered a dark moon blue w the whisper beige interior 4wd premium luxury platinum with a heavy duty towing package. We also ordered the bright sport mesh grille. Four months pass with constant checking on the cadillac chat bubble for info. I got the vin before the dealer did. When the car came in March 25 it was gorgeous EXCEPT NO BENCH seat. Our “trusty” sales guy said when I commented “they don’t resell well”. Really!?!? And the car did not have the right front grill. We were livid. They said they person who ordered it was not there (of Course). They offered to order us another (and another four months for a car now that would be at the end of the model year). No thanks. Beware. It was a WIN-WIN for Moore Cadillac in Chantilly. They sold that car immediately. They aren’t allowed to order as many cars as they want but if they use customers like they used us they can get more cars through.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don’t have another four months to order. In addition to that why would I want a 2021 when the 2022s are right there to order. They will be increasing the prices for sure but if you get a car late in the model year you lose most of the years depreciation right off the bat. And our dealers are limited in this area.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered the bench seat as well from Lockhart Cadillac. I requested the build sheet they submitted to ensure everything was correct. Would highly recommend ordering from them. Matt did an awesome job with us.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,880 Posts
Hey thanks. In light of the past year's challenges surrounding production and delivery and each manufacturer's particular dealer allotment strategies and policies, and all dealers' alleged slim margins per vehicle, it's useful to learn of each new scurrilous antic they undertake to increase their revenue - at the customer's expense. Depending entirely on circumstances surrounding original order and loss of the vehicle purchased, there may have been a point where a 'breach of signed contract' could have forced either replacement in kind (from another dealer) or liquidation costs if incorrectly ordered.

Just from what I've read of other new purchase accountings, dealers sure seem to react and/or retaliate with any and all negative reviews. Just wondering if their tack will change to anything more pro-active if their behavior were to become more publicized.

Reactions: Cnv

·
Registered
‘21 Escalade PL Platinum
965 Posts
Cadillac changed my order as well, but my dealer caught the change.

It was supposed to have been built 2 weeks ago, thankfully the General Manager was checking on orders and noticed that the power running boards had been DELETED from all his orders. He immediately changed the orders, but it delayed mine a couple of weeks. Hopefully it’s built this week or next.

Without having to tell him, which I did anyway when informed, if the truck had been delivered without the power boards, I would’ve refused delivery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cadillac changed my order as well, but my dealer caught the change.

It was supposed to have been built 2 weeks ago, thankfully the General Manager was checking on orders and noticed that the power running boards had been DELETED from all his orders. He immediately changed the orders, but it delayed mine a couple of weeks. Hopefully it’s built this week or next.

Without having to tell him, which I did anyway when informed, if the truck had been delivered without the power boards, I would’ve refused delivery.
Interestingly enough my “trusted” salesman told us NOT to order the power running boards which I absolutely love on my Expi. So we didn’t order them on hi suggestion. I bet they would have deleted them also. And also interestingly I was charged for the second row Bucket seats I did not order and also for the grill that we did not get. At some point it goes beyond replacement to what you can’t tolerate. So if you go to a distant dealer which we would have had to do and order a new car. Then what do you do about service. I owned one of the first Range Rovers in the US back in the dark ages and had to plan my life and trips around dealerships. Eh. Not interested. I really wanted massaging seats. Ford and Lincoln both have those. The first year risk on a new car model is also a negative I was initially willing to take. But that is over too.

·
Registered
‘21 Escalade PL Platinum
965 Posts
Interestingly enough my “trusted” salesman told us NOT to order the power running boards which I absolutely love on my Expi. So we didn’t order them on hi suggestion. I bet they would have deleted them also. And also interestingly I was charged for the second row Bucket seats I did not order and also for the grill that we did not get. At some point it goes beyond replacement to what you can’t tolerate. So if you go to a distant dealer which we would have had to do and order a new car. Then what do you do about service. I owned one of the first Range Rovers in the US back in the dark ages and had to plan my life and trips around dealerships. Eh. Not interested. I really wanted massaging seats. Ford and Lincoln both have those. The first year risk on a new car model is also a negative I was initially willing to take. But that is over too.
I feel your pain!!
This is my 5th Escalade, and 14th Cadillac overall. All but one have been ordered, so I’ve been through it all with GM/Cadillac. 2 of them were the very definition of POS, an ‘05 STS and the ‘15 Escalade. Of course, both were very early builds of the new model/body style.

Against my better judgment, I even signed a 39 month lease on my ‘18 Escalade hoping to avoid this very problem...but who knew we’d have a global pandemic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That’s awful! I feel really bad about that. I echo the need to haunt the dealers (of all car makes) to get what you want - place the order, track the order, etc. I would say make a complaint to GM but based on my experience they also wouldn’t care. Perhaps buy a 3-4y used Tahoe or suburban for the next 6m and then get the truck you want (depreciation on that pretty flat at that point).

·
Registered
38 Posts
When you order a vehicle, always have the dealer print out the order from their GM workbench and give you a copy before the Tuesday when that consensus cycle closes. Go over the RPO codes to make sure everything you want is there, and nothing is there that you don't want. I always do that just because people are human, and everyone is subject to making mistakes. A good dealership will also REQUIRE you to check the order and give them confirmation that it is exactly what you want before it is submitted to the factory. That they didn't do this should have been a red flag. On the other hand, it sounds like they intentionally didn't order what you wanted. That is a whole different level of no-no, but still something which could have been caught if you had required them print the order out for you to check after it had been matched to an allocation and before the consensus cycle closed (so there was still time to correct any errors).

·
Vendor
29 Posts
We ordered Dec 24 our dream Escalade esv. We need the bench seats in our family in the second row. We ordered a dark moon blue w the whisper beige interior 4wd premium luxury platinum with a heavy duty towing package. We also ordered the bright sport mesh grille. Four months pass with constant checking on the cadillac chat bubble for info. I got the vin before the dealer did. When the car came in March 25 it was gorgeous EXCEPT NO BENCH seat. Our “trusty” sales guy said when I commented “they don’t resell well”. Really!?!? And the car did not have the right front grill. We were livid. They said they person who ordered it was not there (of Course). They offered to order us another (and another four months for a car now that would be at the end of the model year). No thanks. Beware. It was a WIN-WIN for Moore Cadillac in Chantilly. They sold that car immediately. They aren’t allowed to order as many cars as they want but if they use customers like they used us they can get more cars through.
They did not order the vehicle it sounds like. More than likely a stock unit that was close to what you ordered. If we can be of assistance please reach out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We've had Sport Platinum on order since September 2020. The order did have the Onyx Package, SuperCruise, and Night Vision - all of which I know have had constraints / delays. It was fine since we had our current 2018 lease thru the end of March. About 3 weeks ago, we removed the black wheels, figuring we'd just buy our own, and try to speed up the order process to actually get a production date. Here we are still with no target production week. I've lost my patience with the dealership we ordered from (which this is the 3rd we've gotten from them & 7th overall with zero issues...) The greedy dealers now want to charge $10-$30k over MRSP for one on their lot. We prefer an Escalade over anything else, but it's definitely not a $150k SUV. There are a lot better vehicles available in the market at that price point.

·
Vendor
29 Posts
We've had Sport Platinum on order since September 2020. The order did have the Onyx Package, SuperCruise, and Night Vision - all of which I know have had constraints / delays. It was fine since we had our current 2018 lease thru the end of March. About 3 weeks ago, we removed the black wheels, figuring we'd just buy our own, and try to speed up the order process to actually get a production date. Here we are still with no target production week. I've lost my patience with the dealership we ordered from (which this is the 3rd we've gotten from them & 7th overall with zero issues...) The greedy dealers now want to charge $10-$30k over MRSP for one on their lot. We prefer an Escalade over anything else, but it's definitely not a $150k SUV. There are a lot better vehicles available in the market at that price point.
We would love to help you! Order below MSRP with Lockhart Cadillac & The Costco Auto Program. We can give you current updates as to what is on constaint and what is being picked up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey thanks. In light of the past year's challenges surrounding production and delivery and each manufacturer's particular dealer allotment strategies and policies, and all dealers' alleged slim margins per vehicle, it's useful to learn of each new scurrilous antic they undertake to increase their revenue - at the customer's expense. Depending entirely on circumstances surrounding original order and loss of the vehicle purchased, there may have been a point where a 'breach of signed contract' could have forced either replacement in kind (from another dealer) or liquidation costs if incorrectly ordered.

Just from what I've read of other new purchase accountings, dealers sure seem to react and/or retaliate with any and all negative reviews. Just wondering if their tack will change to anything more pro-active if their behavior were to become more publicized.
In this case I’m sure they didn’t care what happened because they had a guaranteed sale either way. They don’t care about bad publicity right now either. There just is too much demand. And I don’t think Cadillac would punish them since as they say they are one of the biggest dealerships on the East Coast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you order a vehicle, always have the dealer print out the order from their GM workbench and give you a copy before the Tuesday when that consensus cycle closes. Go over the RPO codes to make sure everything you want is there, and nothing is there that you don't want. I always do that just because people are human, and everyone is subject to making mistakes. A good dealership will also REQUIRE you to check the order and give them confirmation that it is exactly what you want before it is submitted to the factory. That they didn't do this should have been a red flag. On the other hand, it sounds like they intentionally didn't order what you wanted. That is a whole different level of no-no, but still something which could have been caught if you had required them print the order out for you to check after it had been matched to an allocation and before the consensus cycle closed (so there was still time to correct any errors).
Did ask for the print out. The “trusty” salesman waited to send it to me via email. They did know what they were doing. And knew when the car came in that was not what we wanted because he wanted to deliver it to my farm thinking I would not refuse it there. What is sad is that they are the closest Caddy dealer. So now we will never get one because of their customer treatment of us. Usually we have found the best car guys treat you is when you are purchasing. So much for Moore Cadillac in Chantilly VA. They did offer me floor mats to take the car!!! Wow. And of course immediately posted it online for sale. They were supposed to try to locate one for me or try to get me a higher priority order. After hearing nothing but crickets for two business days we cancelled the order and asked for our deposit back. That took another two days but it was refunded. No apology no letter nothing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did ask for the print out. The “trusty” salesman waited to send it to me via email. They did know what they were doing. And knew when the car came in that was not what we wanted because he wanted to deliver it to my farm thinking I would not refuse it there. What is sad is that they are the closest Caddy dealer. So now we will never get one because of their customer treatment of us. Usually we have found the best car guys treat you is when you are purchasing. So much for Moore Cadillac in Chantilly VA. They did offer me floor mats to take the car!!! Wow. And of course immediately posted it online for sale. They were supposed to try to locate one for me or try to get me a higher priority order. After hearing nothing but crickets for two business days we cancelled the order and asked for our deposit back. That took another two days but it was refunded. No apology no letter nothing.
Is David Saenz still the general manager there at Moore Cadillac Chantilly? I bought a vehicle from them once, and interacted with him extensively. One of the lower level employees was terrible, but the guy at the top (David Saenz, the general manager) was superb when it was escalated to him.

I just checked, and I still have his direct phone number (well, it was his direct phone number as of about 10 months ago when I last spoke with him). If you want that number, send me a private message and I will give it to you. He might be able to help, and, if nothing more, you can at least let him know what the sales department did to you. I think he will take it very seriously. Also, if you approach it logically, unemotionally, and with factual evidence, that is likely to get the very best results that is within his power to achieve.

Let me know.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,559 Posts
Write a one star Google and Yelp review. Be 'professional' in your write up. You should definitely get a response.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I feel like there is room for some dealers to game the system trying to get more orders in for allocations, but to purposely change an order is kind of messed up for financial gain is on a new level

There is lack of transparency with the whole order process, probably car buying in general

The whole reason for ordering is to get the options you want. I think even with constraints there isn’t enough communication sometimes.

There is definitely a supplier and production issue. Dealers probably are hurting currently with the production shortages. I think marking up stock MSRP cars is lame but understandable.
Marking up orders seems like crossing a line and purposely changing your order without your consent is an even crappier line to cross.

I had a dealer order a car under me I didn’t consent to but I asked cadillac if it adversely affects me and they said no as long as I didn’t give a deposit or sign any commitment. They said it wouldn’t inhibit me from ordering from another dealer, and that’s what I ended up doing

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,695 Posts
The order may have been messed up by mistake. Then they tried to cover it up by saying
the wrong seats are better.

The only logical reason to change the order is if the ordering buyer is getting a great deal,
but the dealer figures he can sell the cancelled order for MSRP or higher.

Customer orders do get priority over orders for stock, which often have a limit at
each dealer for popular vehicles. .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Such a bad experience! A local guy also having a horrible experience from a local dealer. 5 months of waiting and still counting.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts