Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Catera
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to do the compulsory heater control valve change, what pieces of plastic junk!!! Anyway I found AC Delco valves for 47.95 at Amazon(site won't let me type com since I'm new) you can even get free shipping if you are willing to wait for 5 to 7 days.
I just figure if the price is right some guys might want to keep one in reserve since we all will change them about every 2 years if the cars keep running.

·
Registered
1999 Catera Sport
677 Posts

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
Hmmmm. Well, that's good news. Rockauto also has them for about the same price as eBay

·
Registered
698 Posts
It's a pretty much straightforward job. Just make sure the engine is cold. Some coolant will escape.
Take the wipers off.
Take the wiper panel off. It is held by small clips under the windshield rubber stripping. Turn them 90 degrees to remove.
Take the vacuum line off the top of valve.
Use some pliers or wrench to take the 3 hose clamps off the valve, if they are factory.
Pull that darn thing out!
FYI: do not reuse those old clamp-style hose clamps. Get some of those that use a screwdriver- it will save you a whole lot of time if you have to do the job again.
Put everything together with new valve and hose clamps.
Adjust the wiper angles when you're done.
Good luck

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Yeah I've taken the wiper panel off before (CPS). I don't want to remove the wrong hoses, do you have any pics of the correct hoses?

·
Registered
698 Posts
There are 3. I don't think you will have any problems. I do not have the pictures, but someone else may

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
I wish I could post pics from my harddrive, I think I'm missing a peice of my engine. Looking at that picture, on the right hand side there is like a sensor, located almost exactly opposite the oil filler neck. Anyone know what that is?

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
I used that Omega pic to show the HBV. The dohickey you're asking about isn't used on the Catera. Don't know why nor what it is but I bet it's part of the emissions system used over there.

Omega Ecotech 2.6L V6

Catera 3.0L V6

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Oh I see, I was starting to trip out a little bit there, because when you look at where thats supposed to be on the Catera, there is a little indent for where it goes, you'd think GM would have made specific parts for the Catera, and not just remove a couple things, than rebadge it...Poor Catera...GM really did hate you...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts