Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SRX Lux (Wife's Vehicle)
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I will be looking at a 2012 SRX with 11,500 miles on her.
2012 SRX4 w/ 3.6L Luxury model.
CPO Cadillac so carries 6y/70000 mile B2B

I am pretty sure I can get them to throw something in to make the sale happen.

What would you try to barter for?

A) Spare Tire Kit
B) Fog Light Kit
C) Other??

If anyone has the part numbers for these items that would be a great tool for me to have the part# & pricing before I put them in the discussion.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Personal preference will have a lot to do with it but for me the spare tire would be first on the list.

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
A three year old that averages less than 4K per year. Why did the original owner part with it? Get all the research done. Don't let them sell you anything beyond CPO.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
What is the in service date? That is when the six years starts. You'll hit it much before the mileage unless you drive a ton. Go to Cadillac accessories Web page for the part numbers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

----------

Check the headlights at night to make sure they work for you. Lots of complaints about non hid headlights.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2/15/12 was the original sale date

Dealer who has it for sale is the original seller and has done all service to the vehicle during the lease.
Don't care why they drove so little, score for me.

My 2005 2500HD Duramax CCSB had 6482 miles on it when I bought it and it was 5 years old ;)
Now she has 171xxx on the clock 5 years after I purchased her. I cover a lot of territory for work.

The SRX will be for the wife and she drives 12 miles to work.

The CTS in my signature will be my next work vehicle.

----------

Fog light kit is listed on site but not the spare tire kit

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 Loaded 2015 SRX-traded 2006 STS
110 Posts
Ask for spare tire kit. Ask for oil/filter changes.Ask for floor mats/cargo mat. New tires. See what sticks... Also use mobil 1 syn.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer is 3 hours away so oil changes won't happen.

It has the carpet floor mats already, will probably put in weather tech liners anyways.
Tires only have 11K miles on them so that won't happen either.

I'm going for the Spare & Fogs to start the negotiation atleast if they don't move much on the listed price.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium AWD Gold Mist, 2012 SRX Luxury Gold Mist
44 Posts
If you can get them, I would go for the fog lights - I think they look really good on the car. I had a 2012 SRX Luxury and was very envious when I saw other SRXs with them since they don't come standard on that trim level but they can be added. Since then I got a 2010 Premium that has them and really like the look.

It should already have the spare tire kit - or the spare tire.

I would recommend that you negotiate the price down instead - that might be your best option; be firm and get a price you like and are comfortable with. 11K on a 2012 is a great find - probably a lease return that wasn't driven very much. Just don't pay too much for it, make sure you get it as a CPO and you will have a great car.

Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yesterday was one of the most frustrating days of my adult life.

Drive 4+ hours to look at the SRX and make a deal and the F%#*&%%& dealer had sold the vehicle already.

1- I called them directly last week and placed a deposit on the vehicle to hold it
2- then spoke to their $$ people a couple days later to confirm how they handle cash payments
3- Drive down yesterday and vehicle is not on the lot
4- Salesman was at lunch, waited and when he came back I was informed the vehicle was sold prior to me talking to him
5- He says he sent me a text to inform me of this
a- No text recieved as he sent it my land line
b- No follow up phone call was even attempted when no response to text
6- Very upset with the Dealer
7- Now on the hunt again

Still pissed off about it

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
I would have been absolutely furious. I would have had a talk with the manager about being reimbursed for gas money.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium
250 Posts
Yesterday was one of the most frustrating days of my adult life.

Drive 4+ hours to look at the SRX and make a deal and the F%#*&%%& dealer had sold the vehicle already.

1- I called them directly last week and placed a deposit on the vehicle to hold it
4- Salesman was at lunch, waited and when he came back I was informed the vehicle was sold prior to me talking to him
Something like this has happened to me when I was buying my previous car. I have selected the car, everything was in order, I was about to pay the deposit. The sales guy has done some paperwork...and then he has found that something is not working in their system. And so he has discovered that another sales guy has just accepted the deposit for that car few hours ago.

So, I did not even pay the deposit, yet, the sales guy was very upset and, although I did not express any anger (yet ;) ). But it was clear that he was expecting me to be furious :) So I have decided to support this expectation and decided to turn it to my advantage, or at least try to do so. Briefly, I have got another car with 8K off the sticker price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I won't be driving that distance to give him my business.

Glad you could leverage your situation.

I'm onto another vehicle, going to look at another SRX4 on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good luck. Hope you find another one. Next time, I would just buy the vehicle if it's right. Instead of asking on a forum, what else you can get out of the deal. Dealers watch these forums.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium AWD Gold Mist, 2012 SRX Luxury Gold Mist
44 Posts
Good Luck - My wife and I looked at a number of SRX over the course of a few weeks, mostly on the weekends. Some of them did get sold before I could get to them, but that happens. I never put a deposit down, I just call the dealer to confirm the car is still there before I drive down to see it. Eventually, I did find a car (2010 SRX4 Premium) in the color combination to please both of us and we bought it on the spot (it was a really great price already). The only advice is to stay clear of some of the dealer "add-ons" - I was offered and turned down an extended warrantee ($4100 but dropped to $2600), GAP insurance ($895 but dropped down to $595). I was stern about not wanting those so I guess they didn't bother with other add-ons like fabric protection, undercoating or whatever else they can push now a days. One more item, I have excellent credit and their first offer finance offer was 60 months at 7.54% - I balked and asked to speak directly to the finance manager. She came out immediately with 60 months at 2.99% which I accepted.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
...I was offered and turned down an extended warrantee ($4100 but dropped to $2600)...
Given the history some have had with their '10 SRX's you might want to rethink this decision if possible. Not saying you should pull the trigger on getting it but it may warrant a second look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I won't have to play the finance game, financing is already in place and cash is in the bank.

Vehicle just needs to be right as well as the price.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts