Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So GM is discontinuing the ATS-V sedan after 2018 model year...obviously I should get my order in soon, but at the same time I wanna see if they'll offer even more incentives in the last month of sales/production to help clear inventory.

Is there a deadline for getting 2018 orders in? My dealer says as long the website still has a build configurator for it, then it's fine. But I worry that if I keep waiting, the build configurator might suddenly disappear one day, and/or the dealer will suddenly notice they can't order it anymore. This would be a nightmare as I really want the new-for-18 Satin Steel exterior and specific options, and waiting for those to show up on the used market would take an eternity if not never.

Or are the current incentives as good as it gets, and waiting for more discounts not worth the risk? Also, what's the typical order-to-delivery timeframe?

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 CTS Luxury
54 Posts
I do not know the answer, but I'd think you missed the order window since it's October. Usually June/July is the end of factory ordering. I'd contact another dealer just to be sure. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in. You may also miss out on incentives. They usually get worse as the new models come out, so you'll be stuck with whatever is current upon delivery. Good luck.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,209 Posts
Normally Oct 2018 would be months too late to order a 2018, since 2019s usually start building around July.
Since they discontinued the ATS Sedan for 2019, the cutoff date could be extended, but you should get an answer right away.

The website may have the order software running, but it may not accept it.

Also incentives are based on what is in place when the car arrives, not when ordered. I don't agree with that, but that is the way they
do it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may also miss out on incentives. They usually get worse as the new models come out, so you'll be stuck with whatever is current upon delivery.
Yeah that seems a bit backwards since I'd assume the factory/dealers would try harder to clear out inventory, given the age of the ATS in general and and the V being an even slower seller. Hell, I'm still seeing "new" 2017's on dealer lots that've been marked down significantly, but not in the configuration I want...

Normally Oct 2018 would be months too late to order a 2018, since 2019s usually start building around July.
Since they discontinued the ATS Sedan for 2019, the cutoff date could be extended, but you should get an answer right away.

The website may have the order software running, but it may not accept it.

Also incentives are based on what is in place when the car arrives, not when ordered.
But if 2019s start building around July, why would 2018 sedans & coupes still be listed on the website in Oct? Does the order-to-deliver process really take 3+ months? And it seems the configurator simply tries to match the build with existing dealer inventory, not send anything to the factory.

You haven't been able to order an '18 since May.
Was this what your dealer said when you ordered yours? Still waiting to hear back from mine :(

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,065 Posts
The GM (and most others) "model year" runs from about early July to the end of June, so a "2018" was built from about 07/17 to about the end of 06/18. I seriously doubt that you could order a "2018" GM car out of the "book" after April 2018. Actual build date is on the driver's door sticker.

Study .............

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-cadillac.html

Yes, go into the GM car finder system for 2018 and it looks for an already-built one in your model and trim package desires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts