Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2004 CTS
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to leave the house this morning and my 2011 SRX with 44,800 miles has a dead battery. Everything was fine yesterday, so a cell in it must have gone bad. I had to get out so I called AAA. They came and verified that the battery was in fact dead. They put in a new one at a cost of $168 and I was on my way. Now that it is over, I am thinking that maybe it would have been covered under my 50,000 48 month warranty which is still in effect. If this is true is there any way that I can recover the cost from Cadillac?

·
Registered
2017 Premium Luxury/ Stellar Black Metallic & Sahara Beige/Jet Black
297 Posts
I had to have a new battery replaced 2011 also. This was a few months ago. Yes it would been free.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Yes, it would be covered. Had 2 replaced on my 09 Escalade while under B2B. If you have your receipt, they should reimburse you. You may have to contact GM for assistance.

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2004 CTS
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the best way for me to contact Cadillac on getting reimbursed? Perhaps one of this sites moderators could let me know.

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2004 CTS
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update;
Went on "My Cadillac" site and chatted with rep. Had a case file opened and they are going to see if Cadillac will reinburse me for the battery. I will probably be buying a new vehicle next year and good will from Cadillac on this even though it was my error will steer me to choosing another Caddy.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD LUX terra mocha/shale brownstone
163 Posts
If lucky, you might get a couple of bucks from a prorated warranty claim. Go read your battery warranty.

So if they don't give you a new battery...you won't buy another Cadillac? Great logic.

How 'bout when you need tires because you have used them up?

Your "soft" form of "strong-arming" Cadillac to giving you a new battery if you promise to buy another car is simply...laughable. I thought warranties were for something that has already happened...not for something you promise to do in the future.

·
Registered
2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)
141 Posts
halp said:
Went to leave the house this morning and my 2011 SRX with 44,800 miles has a dead battery. Everything was fine yesterday, so a cell in it must have gone bad. I had to get out so I called AAA. They came and verified that the battery was in fact dead. They put in a new one at a cost of $168 and I was on my way. Now that it is over, I am thinking that maybe it would have been covered under my 50,000 48 month warranty which is still in effect. If this is true is there any way that I can recover the cost from Cadillac?
Why call AAA when you have Cadillac roadside assistance? Especially since it's still under warranty.

When the battery died on my 2011, I jump started it and drove it to the dealer where they installed a new battery under warranty. Luckily it was drivable or I would have called Roadside Assistance. Actually, I would have pushed my OnStar button. It's why I go through the hassle of renegotiating a new OnStar subscription every time it expires.

Unfortunately, it is out of warranty now. But I still have OnStar.

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2004 CTS
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
----------

[/COLOR]
If lucky, you might get a couple of bucks from a prorated warranty claim. Go read your battery warranty.

So if they don't give you a new battery...you won't buy another Cadillac? Great logic.

How 'bout when you need tires because you have used them up?

Your "soft" form of "strong-arming" Cadillac to giving you a new battery if you promise to buy another car is simply...laughable. I thought warranties were for something that has already happened...not for something you promise to do in the future.
I am not strong arming Cadillac. I did not tell Cadillac that if they do not reimburse me that I would not buy another Cadillac. All I said to the forum is that a little good will always goes a long way. That,s what keeps customers coming back. Bashing posts on the forum is just dumb.

----------

Why call AAA when you have Cadillac roadside assistance? Especially since it's still under warranty.

When the battery died on my 2011, I jump started it and drove it to the dealer where they installed a new battery under warranty. Luckily it was drivable or I would have called Roadside Assistance. Actually, I would have pushed my OnStar button. It's why I go through the hassle of renegotiating a new OnStar subscription every time it expires.

Unfortunately, it is out of warranty now. But I still have OnStar.
Your right, I should have called roadside assistance or jumped it and gone to the dealer. Unfortunately I was in a rush. AAA was there in 15 minutes and I was on my way 10 minutes later to make my appointment which was more important at the time. We all have priorities. The good news is that Cadillac may choose to reimburse me as the battery was under warranty and I do have documentation that it did in fact die. The one thing that I am learning is that you certainly get a lot of useless feedback when you just ask a simple question.

·
Registered
163 Posts
halp also said the battery failed "even though it was my error" so apparently there was misuse or abuse involved which led to the battery failure. halp said the battery failed...it did not simply discharge, so whatever halp did, led to the battery failure and halp said as much. Cadillac warranty specifically denies warranty coverage for anything in cases of misuse and abuse.

halp may get lucky if Cadillac replaces the battery, especially if halp actually told Cadillac that it was his own fault.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
halp also said the battery failed "even though it was my error" so apparently there was misuse or abuse involved which led to the battery failure. halp said the battery failed...it did not simply discharge, so whatever halp did, led to the battery failure and halp said as much. Cadillac warranty specifically denies warranty coverage for anything in cases of misuse and abuse.

halp may get lucky if Cadillac replaces the battery, especially if halp actually told Cadillac that it was his own fault.
His error was not using the warranty in the first place. He did not intentionally drain the battery.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
adam

We have different interpretations of what his "error" was and I did not suggest he intentionally drained his battery. That is precisely my point. If halp even unintentionally drained his battery to the point of failure, this is still misuse or abuse. Misuse or abuse does not have to be intentional.

I still find it curious that halp may buy a new Cadillac next year only if they replace his battery now in his current ride. The logic escapes me.

Regards,

dee

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Dee, you sound like a GM service adviser, blindly accusing Halp of somehow draining the battery, even if unintentionally. Nowhere did he say he did that. He only said he went to drive and it was dead. He then said, in my opinion, he erred in not using the GM warranty.

Hopefully Halp clears up the confusion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2004 CTS
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I said that it was my error what I meant was that I called AAA instead of calling Cadillac. I have no idea what happened to the battery. As I said I went to start the car and the starter just clicked. AAA confirmed by testing that the battery was dead. All that I was looking for on the forum was whether or not the battery was in fact covered under the warranty and suggestions on what I might do to get Cadillac to cover it. Again, I never thretened Cadillac that I would not buy another vehicle from them if they did not reimburse me for the battery. In the grand scheme of things $186 is a drop in the bucket. If I could not afford that I would be driving a much cheaper vehicle. Thanks to those that actually gave me useable info on this. I also realize that many others have nothing better to do than read these forums and flame people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts