Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had not driven my sts for about two weeks. the car would not start the battery was almost dead. jumped started the car and it has been fine all weekend. nothing was left on and all doors and trunk was shut. has any one else had this problem. :hmm:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had my car towed in twice for not starting situations. After the second time and five days at the dealer they replaced the battery. They claimed they couldnt detect that the battery was bad because it only had one bad cell. Everything has been fine since.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the enfo, when i had my cts i knew of bad battery problems with the other cts owners. i guess my battery was made on a monday, other then this the car has been great.:thumbsup:

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
If you want to switch to an aftermarket battery that might be a good solution, however I'd recommend taking it to the dealer to have the battery charged and the electrical system tested for an electrical drain or "parasitic load". STS's have some high electrical demands but it really shouldn't get that low in two weeks of non-use. All a new Delco battery should cost you is a trip to the dealer... or two or three... ;)

Good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hadd the same problem. It would not start after about 12 days. It is not the battery. It is all the systems that remain active even though the car is off. Cadillac replaced the battery for me rather than try to get the car out of the garage and jump it. The only solution is to buy a battery babysitter and hook it up when gone for longer than a week. Must be somwhat true because even at my dealership I see them using solar chargers even in the showroom. The new systems really can draw down the battery very quickly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had a bad battery within a week of ownership. Had to call GM Roadside ... ultimately they replaced battery - Delco must not be the World Class Manufacturing Facility GM wishes it was. I keep my display set on battery volts and keep a watch - the next problem, I may simply get a good battery.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
In the mid 90s, the Mazda 929 sunroofs came with a built-in solar panel for trickle charging and to open the vents and run the fan on hot days. Would be nice of modern luxury cars had such a feature, especially with their power-hungry computer systems.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Mine has been at the dealer for over a week now, and that's one of the reasons why. But the dealer has told me that its more than just bad batteries, a tech has diagnosed a "serious" problem with my engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts