Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share my experience with this...I have a 93 ETC. For about a year I have fought a dying battery problem and was getting fed up with it....I did all the things suggested ...the light test...pulled all fuses.... just could not locate anything...I found that it was drawing about 5 amps constantly...just much more than it should.. I got to thinking...which can sometimes be dangerous...anyway I thought anything drawing that much should be creating some heat...so I went to Harbor Freight and bought a point and shoot thermometer... I waited for a cool morning and went out and amazingingly the third thing I pointed it at was 135 degrees with the switch off....it was the ECC on the firewall...I disconnected it and for the first time in a year the battery did not go down overnight if left connected. There was no other sign of trouble. Climate control was working fine. No codes.. I bought an ECC on E-Bay for $75.00 and all is well...hope this helps someone else...
Pete

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,694 Posts
Interesting... good find Pete. Where's there's heat there's current draw.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,962 Posts
Nice fix Pete! Thanks for sharing that one. I'll add it to my toolbox of knowledge.

CC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts