Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Yesterday I was washing the Escalade because it was beautiful outside. When I finished washing it, it was time to wash my other car. I decided to leave the radio on and the back hatch open on the Escalade to listen to the music. While I was washing my other car, I was singing along with the music. When I finished washing my other car, I noticed the radio wasn't working anymore. So I decided to start the truck to see whats going on. Turned the key, then nothing. I didn't know what to do so I jumped started the truck. When everything started again, the DIC said service battery and charging system. My question is, why does it say that?? Can anyone help before I bring it to the dealer!!! Also the battery light is on in the tachometer. Did I damage the car when I jumped started it??:thepan:

·
Registered
Escalade
29 Posts
Check out "07 Escalade,battery problems", the Service Department told me not to leave it on without the engine running. I've had a few jumps and no problems noted.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
No you should be fine, go for a drive so the battery charges, turn off radio and HVAC system, disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, reconnect and you should be fine. This is a BIG problem with many cars/trucks today, they have some many bulbs and radio amps it draws the battery down quick, that is what made me put two batteries in my truck, because I was tired of having to jump my truck after working on it all the time.

·
Registered
Escalade
12 Posts
Funny thing is the EXACT same thing happened to me today. Had to jump it and keep it running for a little while. Apparently my HID's were going too. I can leave my Benz radio on forever and never have a problem. Guess live and learn.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Funny thing is the EXACT same thing happened to me today. Had to jump it and keep it running for a little while. Apparently my HID's were going too. I can leave my Benz radio on forever and never have a problem. Guess live and learn.
I ran my SL63 battery down and needed to jump it last week after a long detail session which was surprising

1 - 5 of 5 Posts