Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I hardly ever post in here, and this makes twice in just a couple days but....
On my way out after I got home from the track on saturday, I came upon a young guy with a modded up Mercury Cougar (last gen). It had a V6, manual trans and had aftermarket wheels and exhaust. That's all I could verify anyways. We were at a light and he turned onto the same road that I was going on. He pulled around me and threaded his way past me and decided to make some grand gesture by getting on it down the road, as if to punctuate his move around me. Well, I rolled on the gas and caught up to the guy by the next light. As we were approaching the light, the guy weaved around a couple cars to make sure he ended up next to me at the light. I looked over at him and he had this real confident look on his face with a shit-eatin' grin. I wonder what ever happened to that grin after the light turned green? The last time I saw him, he was a good 100 feet behind me! :lildevil:
Actually that's not totally true. I DID see him a few minutes later when he did one of those famous "fly-by's" out on the highway. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
very nice kill i hate "new" cougars they took wat used to be a nice v8 american muscle car and made it into a ricer wannabe

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
:yeah: Yes exactly ETC1997! I dont like those last gen Cougars either. I think they're too feminine for the Cougar nameplate. They're good for about a high 15, low 16 in the quarter mile! Nice Kill Katshot!

·
Registered
272 Posts
my friend has a 99 cougar STOCK and he rods the living piss out of it thinking its a race car and i can keep up with him for quite aways in my eldo that is not doing so well. nice kill though

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
THose things are cruddy!

They sold them as a Ford Cougar here for a while.....

My wife's friend had one, it was feeble, i remember driving it to our house because our car broke down at their house.....

Couldnt take the skin off a rice pudding :D

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I like the 94-97 Cougars

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
JC316 said:
They are too fat and slow to suit me. Get a Mark VIII, same car with more luxury and power :cool:.
Agreed

·
Registered
81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8
230 Posts
I worked as an apprentice at a Lin/merc dealer for a year. Those new Cougars, Contours, and Merc Mistakes are pieces of crap. Always in the shop. We sold alot less of those but they were always filling the shop. I think Ford lost alot of money warranting those cars.

·
Registered
81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8
230 Posts
I also forgot to metion that I smoke those all the time in my Miata! When I work at Nu Image Autosalon, a ricer shop, a kid actually paid us to put a Contour SVT motor and trans into his Cougar. It was actually pretty fast! If it wasn't a Cougar it would've been money well spent!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone here know if Mercury ever made a S/C version of the Cougar like they did of the Thunderbird? I've seen some seriously fast Thunderbird S/C's on the road. I know they were only a 15 sec. machine stock but with fairly minor mods, they car easily be 13 or 14 sec. cars.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Yes Katshot they did!

When they redesigned the Cougar in 1989, they gave the XR-7 the supercharged 3.8 V6, This setup lasted only two years, then from 1991 to 1993, the XR-7 had the high output 225 hp 5.0 V8, and then from 1994-1997, they used the 205hp SOHC 4.6 V8.

I've seen a few on ebay, they are VERY rare!

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
Cougar eh? I usually get stuck with some jackass that wants to race me with their Corsica :cookoo:

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
illumina said:
Cougar eh? I usually get stuck with some jackass that wants to race me with their Corsica :cookoo:
Don't dis the Corsica man.

http://***********/pics/corsica/hoodscoops.JPG

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
davesdeville said:
Don't dis the Corsica man.
http://***********/pics/corsica/hoodscoops.JPG
Or what? You gonna send that out here to beat the poor old Seville? :p

Did your buddy ever put the nitrous that I suggested some time ago on that thing? And the scoops, although, umm, er, tacky, look much better than the hole that was coming from the corner of the hood (I think that was the car).

Hell, you should have seen the catastrophe that I seen a few months back: a Corsica with slicks (just much wider tires) for the front wheels and a home-made spoiler...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts