Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to replace these bulbs? I have one that is burned out and cannot figure out to get access to replace the bulb.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. It is a 2002 Escalade. I cannot find the pins or anything else that holds the assembly. Sorry to be so stupid but, I cannot see what is holding this in place.

·
Registered
Escalade
1,584 Posts
There’s one on top of the headlight and one on the side. The top one goes down vertical and the side one horizontal. # 2 on the picture shows what the pin looks like. I dont know how else to explain. unless i take pictures of it.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Crawl under the truck and take a look behind the bumper. You should be able to clearly see the housing and the wire attached to it. Disconnect the wire, then remove the bulb.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3
635 Posts
damn... you people are all so right on... I just let all of this slide till i am out by the dealer. you guys are sweet for knowing all this stuff! ! !

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT (Sold)
260 Posts
Man I can't get my DRL bulbs out! I got the headlight assembly out fine, but I simply cannot get the bulb out! :mad:

I don't want to pull too hard, I'm afraid I'll break the bulb.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
gort said:
Man I can't get my DRL bulbs out! I got the headlight assembly out fine, but I simply cannot get the bulb out! :mad:

I don't want to pull too hard, I'm afraid I'll break the bulb.
Around the plastic base, where the bulb is held into the headlight, there should be a tab for you to press against the housing, then turn the bulb to release it. I know when I switched to the SilverStars and chrome turn signal bulbs, they were on there nice and good. A little bit of pressure while pressing down the plastic tab and they came right out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts