Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,701 Posts
You are correct and I apologise for reporting this improperly. I guess when it happened the first time (to me) I expected that steps would be taken to ensure that there was not a repeat performance. Next time I will try to do better.
the way to avoid a repeat performance is to use the tools on the site to report questionable posts or members. when someone registers we have no way of knowing in advance what their intentions might be, although we do have tools to help in that regard. Enjoy your car, interact with others, get advice, give advice.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This is a good and helpful forum and I have recommended it to several other caddy owners around the world.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Tonight is nice and around 9 degC. We had a nice sunny day up to 14 deg in the afternoon an nice break in the almost continual rain since November it seems. Do you know this place?

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,701 Posts
Tonight is nice and around 9 degC. We had a nice sunny day up to 14 deg in the afternoon an nice break in the almost continual rain since November it seems. Do you know this place?
I don't know the place but sort of know where it is. I have some friends who are Canadian transplants now living in Seattle. Down here in East Texas it'll be around 45F tomorrow. I drive my Deville year round, unless there is ice, which only happens every 2 or 3 years.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well I'm on Vancouver Island. Probably about 2 hrs N of Seattle except that there is a 2 hr ferry ride involved. Actually I drove the SRX down to Mill Creek Wa. last week to visit my wifes sister and family. Mill Creek is about 30 miles NE of Seattle. I worked in Houston a couple of times 30 years ago and got to like the place but I really only knew the Westenheimer/ Richmond Rd. area to be honest.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,963 Posts
For the latest info on this group of 3 usernames, PM me. There should be no more input from any of them.

As always, if someone smells a rat, report it. Use the vertical line of 3 dots in the title area of a post/thread.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Don't post about it. Report it.
Should you get a questionable contact like I did I would appreciate a heads up directly. Any idea how many folks lose their savings to these kinds of phishing scams everyday? In the past 18 hours, a few in this forum could have been scammed and so I think the membership deserves an early warning.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,963 Posts
Commendable thought, but posting scammer info in SRX 1st gen only reaches a tiny, tiny percentage of CF members. Better to report the problem and let the volunteer "professionals" handle it. Our dozen or so Moderators ALL get the report flagged in their accounts, not only the SRX onliners.

How often do you - bbc0 - leave this small SRX forum and participate in other forums like The Lounge, Community Help, How To Report Spammers, Current Issues? ....... all good, ongoing info forums.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Look, which forums in here that I visit is hardly the issue.
I posted a warning here and also sent messages to the three ops listed on the right hand side of the page. The response I got was admonishment for doing it the wrong way.
18 hours later you announced that something had been done regarding the individual names listed. I hope that no one got fleeced in the interim. As I said earlier I have nothing to gain by doing this and a lot to lose it would appear.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,701 Posts
Look, which forums in here that I visit is hardly the issue.
I posted a warning here and also sent messages to the three ops listed on the right hand side of the page. The response I got was admonishment for doing it the wrong way.
18 hours later you announced that something had been done regarding the individual names listed. I hope that no one got fleeced in the interim. As I said earlier I have nothing to gain by doing this and a lot to lose it would appear.
Another factor to consider is that all of the moderators are volunteers and we aren't online all at the same time. We log in as time permits. Reporting a post triggers a flag on our screens so that whatever mod is on at that moment can start looking into it.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Your are right in as much that had I done it properly more ops would have been alerted, but since the response I did get from the ops was not "ok I'll look into it and alert the membership" but rather, " what makes you think so?" or " just because you think this it doesn't make it right", my confidence is shaken. You all were more concerned about how I alerted you than the possibility of a fraudster playing in the forum.
In retrospect it obviously would have been better if I kept it to myself.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
7,741 Posts
Reporting a post keeps your anonymity and protects everyone involved.
What if you were wrong about your accusation? Now the person you called out has that to deal with.

I've reported at least 20 posts since joining this forum; all but one ended up being some type of spam or wrongdoing. The mods took care of it in a timely fashion on each occasion; most times sending me a PM to inform me of the outcome.

I have the utmost respect for the mods and their ability to handle these issues in the proper manner.

·
Registered
96 FWB
207 Posts
For the OP, you're getting bunched up for no good reason, and all the wrong reasons. Any given response to any given post is as much for the other ten-to-thousand folks who happen by for whatever reason -- and for as long as the forum lives. EVERYBODY is requested to post in the appropriate farkin' section. It's basic courtesy for ALL fellow posters, and it's basic respect for abiding the guidelines of a social media platform you're enjoying --> free <-- (I don't pay either so we're alike in that). The only way possible to explain the point(s) above regarding getting your message out as effectively as possible would be if you owned a Cimmaron. I bet that section ain't been viewed in years - by anyone!

This thing is growing horns and a tail only because you're feeding it. Get used to visiting other areas of the forum and you'll get even more enjoyment from it. Lounge is lo-brow and dangerous but a hoot when you don't have anything special to say about your specific gen SUV.

[Thoughts of police dispatcher broadcasting an amber alert on the Angry Birds app because that's what they happened to be playing at the time.]

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
For the OP, you're getting bunched up for no good reason, and all the wrong reasons. Any given response to any given post is as much for the other ten-to-thousand folks who happen by for whatever reason -- and for as long as the forum lives. EVERYBODY is requested to post in the appropriate farkin' section. It's basic courtesy for ALL fellow posters, and it's basic respect for abiding the guidelines of a social media platform you're enjoying --> free <-- (I don't pay either so we're alike in that). The only way possible to explain the point(s) above regarding getting your message out as effectively as possible would be if you owned a Cimmaron. I bet that section ain't been viewed in years - by anyone!

This thing is growing horns and a tail only because you're feeding it. Get used to visiting other areas of the forum and you'll get even more enjoyment from it. Lounge is lo-brow and dangerous but a hoot when you don't have anything special to say about your specific gen SUV.

[Thoughts of police dispatcher broadcasting an amber alert on the Angry Birds app because that's what they happened to be playing at the time.]
I'll have what you're drinking :)

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Reporting a post keeps your anonymity and protects everyone involved.
What if you were wrong about your accusation? Now the person you called out has that to deal with.

I've reported at least 20 posts since joining this forum; all but one ended up being some type of spam or wrongdoing. The mods took care of it in a timely fashion on each occasion; most times sending me a PM to inform me of the outcome.

I have the utmost respect for the mods and their ability to handle these issues in the proper manner.
I'm never wrong and I always let you take the blame :)

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,701 Posts
I'm never wrong and I always let you take the blame :)
get over it. In the terms of this giant site full of DIY'ers we deal with those issues every day. Have you read the list of forums on this site, and the thousands of posts per day? If you want to stay here and fit in, you'll need to grow a thicker skin and lose that gigantic chip on your shoulder. You might want to heed Long's advice. This is my last comment on this one thread. Let it go and move on to another topic.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
get over it. In the terms of this giant site full of DIY'ers we deal with those issues every day. Have you read the list of forums on this site, and the thousands of posts per day? If you want to stay here and fit in, you'll need to grow a thicker skin and lose that gigantic chip on your shoulder. You might want to heed Long's advice. This is my last comment on this one thread. Let it go and move on to another topic.
This message was intended for Long and was intended to be light hearted in reference to his avatar.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts