Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
I just looked at Davekay535 profile and other data. Registered from Secaucus, NJ - no alerts, data looks OK, but I flagged the username for observation and moderation.

How do you know he's a scammer if he has no posts or conversations??? Inquiring minds want to know..........

bbc0 reported the username to me via "conversation" - not the correct way to do it.

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
We all should do our part to keep the house clean, but follow the proper channels.

Administrator
Turns out that new member Davekay535 sent a PM (Conversation)(perhaps incorrectly) to the OP concerning an address for some sort of parts location.

Registered
2007 SRX AWD
Discussion Starter #7
What are the proper channels? I just want to try to prevent anyone getting burned. I had a similar situation on another forum I did email as requested and the response asked for my address and other info. This is a scammer collecting any info he can.

Administrator
When you see or receive something suspicious use the Report function - that alerts all Moderators and Site Admin to keep their eyes open.

"Report" can be found by clicking the 3 vertical dots in a post or username.

Registered
2007 SRX AWD
Discussion Starter #10
I will do this should it happen again and I'm guessing it will. Two months ago I went through the same thing in this forum:
Hi u can hit up with [email protected] he has for seal

Sent from my itel W6001 using Tapatalk.

Administrator
The PM from two months ago - what was the sender's username? - and was it in this CF site?

Registered
2007 SRX AWD
Discussion Starter #12
the user name was mosesgrant6897, same as the email he asked me to respond to

Registered
2007 SRX AWD
Discussion Starter #13
It was indeed this site. If you have access to my private messages you can see it for yourself.

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
This is a scammer collecting any info he can.
just because you say so doesn't make him a scammer. report posts you think are in violation and we'll look into it. See post #9 regarding how to report a post to the moderators/admins.

Registered
2007 SRX AWD
Discussion Starter #15
OK I get it. I'll try not to upset everyone again. I expect that Davekay535 and mosesgrant6897 are most indignant right about now over my unruly outburst although with mosesgrant6897, one of your mods did message me and confirm that he was indeed a scammer and even stated where he was from, but I guess that calling out a scammer breaks more rules than being one.

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
OK I get it. I'll try not to upset everyone again. I expect that Davekay535 and mosesgrant6897 are most indignant right about now over my unruly outburst although with mosesgrant6897, one of your mods did message me and confirm that he was indeed a scammer and even stated where he was from, but I guess that calling out a scammer breaks more rules than being one.
calm down. you didn't upset everyone but you should expect that some statements will be challenged. The mods have no position one way or the other. We're neutral but look at each report to determine whether it violates the forum rules. .

Registered
2007 SRX AWD
Discussion Starter #18
If there was a challenge, I would expect that it would come from the injured party not from the mods. I think that you and I had a similar conversation the first time that this happened.

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
ah, yes. now I remember. you thought I was part of the scam. In that exchange Sub gave you specific instructions on how to report a post or member.

Registered
2007 SRX AWD
Discussion Starter #20
You are correct and I apologise for reporting this improperly. I guess when it happened the first time (to me) I expected that steps would be taken to ensure that there was not a repeat performance. Next time I will try to do better.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts