Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Escalade Premium
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I'm trying to hardwire my dashcam, I'm using a hardwire kit with the fuse tap that came with it. My problem is I've checked every fuse in the driver's side fuse panel and they're all hot all the time. Cannot find one that is hot on ignition turned on. So I did some digging and found a post where they said to tap into the black 12v power box under steering column. I did that and low and behold it worked it turned the camera on with key on, and turned off when key is off. But it is doing something weird to my truck, now if I start my truck, and turn key to shut off engine, the engine will stay running until i open my door. Even with the key out of the ignition. Anyone know a fuse i can use that is hot on ignition on only?? I'm lost. 2011 Escalade

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
113 Posts
Why not wire it to the front posts on the fuse box under the hood. There are two posts on the front side with nuts that you wire to power trailer brakes and other accessories.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,132 Posts
I wired mine to a fuse block under the dash above where your left foot would rest. It hass a black plastic cover with a Christmas tree retainer in the center. Grab it along the edges and give it a yank.

Escalade UD  fuse panel.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts