Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a guide/instructions on removing the dashboard on a 1986 Fleetwood Brougham? I have a blown speaker and the mounting screws for the speaker are under the dash. TIA.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
You can find it in the OEM service manuals but as I recall, you just need to remove the top pad, don't you?
If so, the screws are under the front lip of the dash pad, a couple are inside the glove box area etc. once you have all the screws out, just slide the pad forward and lift it off.
If it's a one-piece dash, you can get them from underneath with 1/4" extensions and swivels.
You can also just say the hell with it and just mount pezio's on the a-pillars or in the door panels to take their place.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yeah, Or you could just say to hell with it and cut the wires to the speaker.......I know, Iknow....I just couldn't resist! LOL!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Halfway there - Dashboard

Thank you for the reply. I found the screws in the glove box. The air vents in the center console block any access to the dashboard from underneath. There is still an elusive screw somewhere.

I saw an owner's manual on ebay, but wanted to know if it would have information about the dash. You seem to have answered that question. Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Did you get the ones inside the top A/C vents?
You have to remove the actual vent piece by prying the tabs on the ends while rotating the vent slightly up or down.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Katshot said:
I told you guys we need to medicate this guy :D

Too late! It looks as though I might already be heavily medicated!:bonkers: :shocked2: :bulging:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts