Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'93 STS (sold), now looking for a CTS Wagon soon!!
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to solve my dash glitches, and I noticed when I tap my brakes, the speedo & tach needles flicker. It seems to happen when I am on the freeway.

Question; Would a poor ground at the brake light sockets cause this flicker?

I still have that dash 'glitch' when I touch my window 'up', but what's with the brake - caused problem?

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
I would suspect engine to chassis grounds or dash ground as being loose, corroded, disconnected etc. Most cars at times will flicker dash illumination or headlights if the battery state of charge is low or somewhere in the system a ground strap is loose or corroded. You need to locate the dash grounds and verify tightness.

·
Registered
'93 STS (sold), now looking for a CTS Wagon soon!!
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suspect engine to chassis grounds or dash ground as being loose, corroded, disconnected etc. Most cars at times will flicker dash illumination or headlights if the battery state of charge is low or somewhere in the system a ground strap is loose or corroded. You need to locate the dash grounds and verify tightness.
Battery & altinator seem fine.......

I do have the OEM service books.... I hope the search for the grounds are not too nuts!

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts