Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
On my 1981, the blend door actuator is behind the glove box. Pull the glove box insert out, and you should find a threaded rod attached to a clip. I had to do this a while back... I think you can un-clip the threaded rod to move the blend door. Find some way to make it stay where you want it.

You might want to note where the rod was attached to the clip, so when you want to put it back together it will be adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
1988 brougham
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I believe it’s vacuumed related. The lines don’t seem to be going in the right locations . I’m going to try and sort that mess when it cools down. Thank for the replys

·
Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz, 1983 Sedan deVille
1,721 Posts
Number one cause of that is a disconnected vacuum feed hose going into the interior nearby the brake booster. Does the automatic parking brake release work when you shift out of park?

·
Registered
1988 brougham
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to try that this weekend . Thanks . I do have a line disconnected that coms from the brake booster area in the fire wall that I found disconnected. It’s a little bigger than the other vacuum hoses and has a yellow stripe. I thought it went to the cruise control servo as the cc doesn’t work either. It’s a mess

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
2,625 Posts
sounds like a rigid vac line has cracked....dig in, you can clean cut the tube and slip a piece of rubber tubing over the ends

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
2,625 Posts
gonna need a pretty nurse to help with the tubing....

·
Registered
1988 brougham
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so parking break releases when I step on the main brake pedal to shift out of park. What is this mystery hose supposed to be connected to?comes out of fire wall under brake booster. Not attached to anything in the engine bay
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

1 - 10 of 10 Posts