Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 1994 cadillac Eldorado. Instrument panel will go blank for maybe 1 or 2 seconds. When it comes back on sometimes clock has to be reset, or air temperature is at 75 degrees when it was set at 60 degrees. Will reset and everything will work fine until the next time it goes blank. Also if it stay blank longer then 1 or 2 second car will stall. Does
anyone have any suggestions love my car.
Linda

·
Registered
43 Posts
LESPI10153 said:
Have 1994 cadillac Eldorado. Instrument panel will go blank for maybe 1 or 2 seconds. When it comes back on sometimes clock has to be reset, or air temperature is at 75 degrees when it was set at 60 degrees. Will reset and everything will work fine until the next time it goes blank. Also if it stay blank longer then 1 or 2 second car will stall. Does
anyone have any suggestions love my car.
Linda
Battery connections?
:confused:

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
rapid rabbit said:
Battery connections?
:confused:
The cluster is really considered to be the IPC. The IPC is part of the computer system. You can see all kind of crazy problems happen. Hopfully thats not what going on.

Anyways some very good advice has been offered. Check your battery connections......and I mean REALLY look at them. GM side mount cables can look excellent from a foot away. Take them apart and you often find gobs of corrosion etc. Very common problem. Cadillacs require really 2 things. Really good condition batteries and really good power and grounds.

If the problem continues...let us know. But that is the first stuff to check.

Logan

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Don't overlook the last sentence Logan said. "Grounds", are quite possibily the single worst issue I've seen in these cars. Specifically, the engine ground cable connection. You may also have a cracked connection "INSIDE" the battery, if all else fails, try wiggling the cable connection on the battery to see if you can create the problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Logan makes a GREAT point. I just got my son an 88 eldo that had dash problems and we started with the cables. Looked great till we took them off (WOW!!!) could not even see the contact points with so much corrosion. Took out the dremmel and cleaned all ends and ground contact points. What a difference.

Also you may want to try going under the dash and checking the power supply box (4 1/2X6") silver box next to brake pedal and making sure the connector is tight. We had to change our box and boy are we happy with our caddy!

Good Luck,

Ed and Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts