Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a problem that I have absolutely no clue about and has occurred following a routine battery jump, needed due to long time in park (Numerous time in past were uneventful). Now I have no Cluster Dashboard light except constantly flashing blue gadget needle lights (all 4 gadgets at the same time flashing on & off, no backlight). I can't see speed or anything else. Can anyone help?
Car's detail: Cadillac Escalade ESV 2008 rear wheel driver.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade awd
27 Posts
I'm working on that too and I have a tech 2

[/QUOTE
trying

Where in the hell is the body control module auxiliary not the regular one I know where that one is
The one auxiliary

·
Registered
2008 Escalade awd
27 Posts
Did that already come on guys does the Escalade have 2 bcm?
A regular BCM for all trucks the SUVs and the 2nd BCM for the Escalade and the Denali Due to they have more options So needs more controls

·
Registered
438 Posts
A regular BCM for all trucks the SUVs and the 2nd BCM for the Escalade and the Denali Due to they have more options So needs more controls View attachment 592749
A bad BCM would mean all your warning lights would be illuminated on the dash and/or things would stop working like power windows, power seats, etc or they would not work correctly like lets say if you go to lock your car and then it unlocks itself right after.

A regular BCM for all trucks the SUVs and the 2nd BCM for the Escalade and the Denali Due to they have more options So needs more controls View attachment 592749
Try resetting he computer by disconnecting the battery for about 3 hours and then turn on the lights with the battery disconnected and stuff to make sure all the wires and stuff are discharged.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
588 Posts
TBCM is the trailer brake control module.
I dont think that was offered in the Escalade.
The Aux BCM would be used by an upfitter. I am pretty sure your Escalade does not have an aux. BCM. The list of modules is not what is on your vehicle but which modules might. Generically the Escalade is GM pickup/SUV so there are many modules that are not on your truck.

·
Registered
588 Posts
What the hell is TBCM
View attachment 592840
One more picture
I know you are frustrated, people are only trying to help. I know you are beyond fuses and battery disconnect but these are vitally important steps so bear with us.
Yes or no have you disconnected the battery, without using any memory saver devices, and let the vehicle sit for a minimum of 15 minutes wit no source of power?

It will be helpful to know which modules you can and which you cannot communicate with.
First turn the vehicle key to the run position. If push button start push and hold the start button without your foot on the brake for about 10 seconds. This is the same as key in run position (called service mode) Now.
Look at the screen above and go to that screen.
Scroll to the top of that list (it looks like you may be there).
Now go down to the first module that says No Comm.
Write down that module name.
Now look above and to the right of the View All DTCs button It says DTC Pin: ? Or ?,?
Write that down next to the module name.
Do that for all modules that say No Comm.

All the modules that say DTC Pin 1 are on the low speed buss.
All that say DTC Pin 6,14 are on the high speed buss.
All that say DTC Pin 12,13 are on the chassis expansion buss.

With that information and the vehicle schematics we can see where the communication wires may be bad.

Also double check these fuses. (Attached PDF) They are the ones thatpower the BCM and supply the power to turn the different modules on and off. One of these blown could be all your trouble.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Escalade awd
27 Posts
Yes battery disconnected 6 times 2 times overnight
As for scrolling down to check for other noncommunicating modules Its Automatically jumps them to the top of the menu So I only have those 3 See the video link up top Thanks for the help I really appreciate

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,134 Posts
Upvote for a bad ground somewhere (y)

Upvote for a bad module that is jamming up the CAN-bus (y)

·
Registered
588 Posts
A quick search both here and several other forums comes up saying the fix is a replacement cluster.
You don't say in your post..
Does the vehicle start, run and drive?

·
Registered
588 Posts
And a correction.
The BCM Aux. Is for non North American Export vehicles.
Since you both are in the United States I assume you will not have one.

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
A lot of people say to only disconnect the negative terminal for 10 minutes and then put it back on the battery. They say this has worked for them if the previous post doesn’t work.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,134 Posts
Changed out the negative ground cable an added an extra ground cable

👎Downvote

But keep it coming to help is appreciated
There are grounds all over the place. Check below the drivers seat under the truck for a wiring harness that runs left to right near the transfer case, etc.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade awd
27 Posts
There are grounds all over the place. Check below the drivers seat under the truck for a wiring harness that runs left to right near the transfer case, etc.
Again I checked all that the only one that was not good was is the battery ground I live in Los Angeles so I don't have a salt rust problem And I'm far from the ocean

1 - 20 of 31 Posts