Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2005
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! First post and as usual another outstanding message forum board! (previous cars were 02 Z06 Vette and 01 Camaro Z28) To make this short and sweet. I have an Stealth Gray 05 CTS-V with navi system. I am looking for interior pictures of aftermarket interior trim kits in dark and or light wood colors. Ive had alot of difficulty finding pictures of the Gray Leather Interior with the Gray Suede inserts to peruse to make my decision. Any help would be greatly appreciated. PS. Ive had my V since 2nd week in June and have put on 4k miles on it, Best car without a doubt overall I have ever owned ,If possible include source of kit.:thumbsup:

Thanks
Joe

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
I've seen 'em on eBay, but not sure if anyone here has one.

If you're brave enough to do it, and it doesn't look tacky, please post pics.

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Might try asking that question or doing a search over on the CTS Forum.
Even got a guy there that put '24s' on his CTS to complement his Lambo doors. :eek:

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
IBT:lock:

:food-snacking:

-Chris

P.S. Consider this a test. if you survive this first thread, you'll be welcomed! :D. This is definately a form follows function forum.

Good Luck, I'll be :LittleB: for ya (kinda).

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Not sure why you would do this to a new member. He's a car guy, if you didn't notice.

Welcome to the board 911. :cheers:
Let be honest that was pretty tame from Jim, considering the content of the guys first post. Rander was also quite nice, and actually helpfull (you could feel him holding back :D). Actually no one has really ripped him yet. Perhaps giving the guy a pass, due to past vehicles?

-Chris

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Let be honest that was pretty tame from Jim, considering the content of the guys first post. Rander was also quite nice, and actually helpfull (you could feel him holding back :D). Actually no one has really ripped him yet. Perhaps giving the guy a pass, due to past vehicles?

-Chris
I certainly don't want to insult the guy, but how do you nicely say :ack:??

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2005
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya not looking to get anyones undies in a bind, just looking for some pics. The V speaks for itself, I just have not had any luck getting any pictures of "Installed" wood trim kits with the grey interior.

Thanks again for the help
Joe

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
The V is more performance than luxury. Hence, stay away from dash trim kits. :thumbsup:

And don't mind Jim... If he gives you shit that means he's somewhat interested.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Ya not looking to get anyones undies in a bind, just looking for some pics. The V speaks for itself, I just have not had any luck getting any pictures of "Installed" wood trim kits with the grey interior.

Thanks again for the help
Joe

I know I've seen pics on here. Do a search.

As for the trim, I think the consensus is, the 04-07 V interior isn't all that great to begin with, and putting on a veneer applique is kinda like putting lipstick on a Pig, Florian loves it, but most don't.

Seriously though, in the pics's I've seen, it looks really bad, there are just to many gaps/seems, and it just doesn't mesh in with the 'industrial' look of the rest of the interior. It looks way too 'stuck on'. You make the payments though, so whatever you want :thumbsup:.

Earlier someone mentioned to check in the CTS forum, which really probabaly would be your best bet. They seem to eat that kinda stuff up over there.

-Chris

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
First, I would like to say :welcome:

we V guys (the vast majority) disagree with ya boss :)
Sorry Lord C, need to side with Urb on this one. :)

This is not your grand dad's Cadillac

Leave the trim alone and press the gas pedal down a little more. It's hard to notice the trim when the outside world is moving so fast.
Good advice. save your money for CTS console, Headers, Shifter, Cam, Maggie...

Too fast - never.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
49 Posts
Hey I still want my welcome but maybe if I start a thread I would get it. Anyway I do have to side with Urb on this and say ICK on wood trim for the V. Lord C, yeah it is a cadillac but not every Cadillac has to have wood trim to be a Cadillac. Hell I want more brushed aluminum, but thats just me. I might have bad taste, so sue me, all you will get from me is the finger. Ha ha ha and welcome.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
welcome from SWFL! But just to give you an idea of what this board is like. Brutal! But its all in good fun. You make the payments or paid the money in full. You do what you want to it. But you have to be thick skinned to be part of our family. First I would like to say spend the money on the mods that you don't have yet. Second you MUST join as a supporting member. It seems once people do that they stop asking "bad questions" and do a search. If nothing comes up then your on your on your own. Most times you can't make something bad look good (we all know that our interior is cheap looking for a caddy). You can have all the drinks you want that chick that you picked up last night while drunk is ugly as shit when you wake up....get it? Well you will spend enough time paying attention to the road and not looking at the dash. And lastly drive it like you stole it.

Gene

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
The V is more performance than luxury. Hence, stay away from dash trim kits.
disagreed. the V is a cadillac. if i wanted more performance than luxury, i would've spent LESS, and bought a Z06 instead.

i agree that one of the things this car is lacking horribly (among the differential, etc. etc. etc.) is a simple, almost 'cheap' look to the interior. If i could get my interior looking like a CTS, i would. that's what makes a REAL sleeper, and a real cadillac.

so let me know what you find. and pictures of your install, and i may do the same.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts