Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I am going to move up to a 2016 CTS for the new, hopefully shake-free idle with the new and significantly improved power train.

Getting the same car basically--loaded Premium 3.6 AWD with Kona interior. Currently have White Diamond, but thinking of switching to the Dark Adriatic Blue or maybe Phantom Gray.

I currently have an order in process for the blue, although I have a little extra time to ponder, unfortunately, because there is apparently a restriction on the new 3.6 engine (which I hope will be lifted. Originally it seemed I could have the new car in August or September, but now it looks like it will be delay 2-3 months unless things change).

Anyone else out there have the blue? How is it in terms of upkeep? I really like how it looks, but I'm concerned seeing dirt and fine scratches, especially compared to the white, will drive me nuts. How about the gray? Better or worse?

Usually I would go for silver, but I find Cadillac's silver a bit flat.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
If you are OCD about the paint, a light color is the only way to go. The darker it is, the more it shows.

I will never own another black car, it just drove me crazy. I would rather have something lighter than the phantom grey, but the deal was too good to pass up.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,245 Posts
According to the 2016 changes, they are dropping that Blue.

If silver is too light and Phantom too dark, it looks like a new
Moonstone grey will be in between those shades.
I prefer silver. To me it shows less dirt and less scratches.
On the whites, dirt shows as black. With silver, from a distance,
you can't see normal dirt/dust.

Can you really order a 2016 now? I guess if dealers can
order for stock, they can include what you want.

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, they are dropping the brighter blue.

Yes, you can order a 2016 now. Factory opens 7/13. However, as I said, they are holding orders on the new V6, which is a problem for me right now.

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
888 Posts
A California Duster will easily deal with your clean-car obsession. My DTS was dark cherry and in dusty Tulsa I could go weeks between car washes (as long as it didn't rain) by just a 3 minute dusting every time I used the car. My current car is a dark blue and here in Maine I do the same with the Duster. And no, if used correctly, it does not scratch the paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts