Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,041 Posts
The front suspension issue is more prevalent in the V's. No idea why that would be.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI rebuilt to FE3 J55 G80 3.42:1
931 Posts
The front suspension issue is more prevalent in the V's. No idea why that would be.
Like I said, they're enthusiasts who care more and rebuild their suspension. Creating the opportunity for inadequate torque.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,186 Posts
I bet tinman was being facetious with his response...but I think you hit the nail on the head Lifespeed

Bill

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,041 Posts
I bet tinman was being facetious with his response...but I think you hit the nail on the head Lifespeed

Bill
This issue with V's is where I learned about the Nordlock Washers. Another V Forum has in depth information.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It must have had a bit of loose slack almost always.

The dead spot in the neutral steering position is gone. Change the steering wheel 2 degrees to either side and the car feels like a BMW and changes direction immediately.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,186 Posts
This issue with V's is where I learned about the Nordlock Washers. Another V Forum has in depth information.
that's what I get for thinking I could read your mind... ;) ...good information guys...

Bill

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,023 Posts
When I did my front control arms, I marked the original position carefully. Removed the old arms, installed the new OEM arms, carefully put the hardware back to my original marks, and torqued CAREFULLY to FSM spec. Took it for an alignment. Then, put it back on my lift, and retorqued just in case the shop loosened something. I never had an issue with anything slipping after that.

I don't know if it's a "bad" design... but there are sure "better", lol

21 - 27 of 27 Posts