Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 AWD Luxury
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving last night.. all of a sudden CLANK!!!!!!! stratch and a small hole in my front 09 bumper.... awesome....Must have been a piece a petal based on the sound it made.

Gonna try and compound the stratch this weekend, but there is nothing I can do about the hole. Might just get it repaired or get a new bumper once I get a grill installed.

Gotta love it....

·
Registered
Cadillac
738 Posts
Re: F**King road Debris...

Just get it replaced or you will never be happy (at least if you are anything like me). That's why we have insurance.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD
56 Posts

Hey E-luzion,

Sorry about the bumper man, but don't let it erk you too much, it not worth your sanity.

When you said that you are going to wait to repair when you get your grille installed, did you mean you're putting in a new aftermarket grille? Because that would be a perfect time to swap in a new grille because the bumper cover has to come off anyway.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts

Driving last night.. all of a sudden CLANK!!!!!!! stratch and a small hole in my front 09 bumper.... awesome....Must have been a piece a petal based on the sound it made.

Gonna try and compound the stratch this weekend, but there is nothing I can do about the hole. Might just get it repaired or get a new bumper once I get a grill installed.

Gotta love it....
What a bummer!

If the hole is small enough a repair isn't out of the question. If it's to big and/or located in a bad spot, you are much better off getting it replaced.

Road debris can cause some serious damage. Believe this...Several months ago we took the Vette out for the day. My wife said, "Hey, I think there's something in the road ahead." I slowed and moved over just in time, it was a chain saw laying in the road, yes, a chain saw. That would have really put a major hurt on the Vette. Can't look away for a second.

·
Registered
'08 CTS DI (PDR, UAV, Y40, former GM Exec Vehicle)
29 Posts

Driving last night.. all of a sudden CLANK!!!!!!! stratch and a small hole in my front 09 bumper.... awesome....Must have been a piece a metal based on the sound it made.

:gah:
If you do replace the bumper let me strongly suggest getting a protective film done like ClearMask or Invisi-Mask. After watching the front of my STS get peppered over the years I realized my new CTS was geting covered right from the start. I've seen a few amazing photos of what damage it can take, and once removed things like bumpers pop right back into place without a scratch. We'll see.

For my CTS I also had the front of the Hood done with GM p/n 19172121 since I didn't want to cover the first 12". Altogether I spent $560 protecting hood & bumper. With a $500 deductible I hope this pays off.:want:

Sorry to read about your situation and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts