Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
First time poster here. Dealing with an 02 STS. Live in Calgary Canada and travel with the car to northern Canada for work. Started to notice the car fogging up severely in colder weather. So much so that the defrost cannot keep up. Even the rear window gets a lot of moisture buildup. Well I got the car back home and started to investigate. Found the drivers front carpet soaking wet. The floors are solid and rust free. Wondering if there’s a usual suspect as to where the moisture may be originating from. Sunroof? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
As a rule of thumb, follow the money. Which part is the wetter? Is there some upper part wet? It could be a plugged sunroof water outlet. I had it on another car.
Usual suspects are door gaskets, not fully closed doors/windows or sunroof.

·
Registered
102 Posts
As a rule of thumb, follow the money. Which part is the wetter? Is there some upper part wet? It could be a plugged sunroof water outlet. I had it on another car.
Usual suspects are door gaskets, not fully closed doors/windows or sunroof.
Check windshield seals

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,262 Posts
Yes, check the sunroof (if fitted) front corner drains for proper operation.

Wet carpets in a Seville usually come from a clogged HVAC condensate sump drain fitting. The sump overflows and soaks the carpet, sometimes to the point of actually running into the rear seat footwells. Even in winter, with a DEFROST or AUTO setting in the HVAC, the system removes a LOT of water (humidity) from the incoming and cabin air. Our cars have flow-through ventilation so there is ALWAYS some outside air coming into the cabin.

The rubber drain elbow is down low on the firewall in the engine compartment, slightly right of center, at the turn of the firewall to body pan. Maybe partially hidden by insulation mat. Black elbow fitting adhesive-glued to a drain nipple.

Common clog point.

evaporator drain fitting.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts