Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The purchase of the Road Runner relegated the Cadillac to the driveway.
Had it in the garage today and noticed something on the EGR valve. Upon further inspection I find a large chunk of hood insulation missing as well as some on the firewall along with small black turds on the trans.
Not sure what it is, but I suspect ground squirrels. Probably should drive it and heat it up more often.
Also gonna leave some poison pellet treats out for the little bastards.

·
Registered
1992 DeVille
2,339 Posts
Ranger said:
The purchase of the Road Runner relegated the Cadillac to the driveway. Had it in the garage today and noticed something on the EGR valve. Upon further inspection I find a large chunk of hood insulation missing as well as some on the firewall along with small black turds on the trans. Not sure what it is, but I suspect ground squirrels. Probably should drive it and heat it up more often. Also gonna leave some poison pellet treats out for the little bastards.
Hahaha hope that fixes it. Sometimes when parking outside I come out to find paw prints tracked in the dew all over my car....>=/

----------

No chewed up wires I hope

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just did a search on chipmunk droppings and I'm fairly certain that's what I had. Saw one running around the house the other day and I had a hole chewed through the drywall in the garage. Now 2 & 2 are starting to fall together. In hind sight, I may have brought him in when I put the car in the garage.
No wires chewed that I saw.
The little bastard got wise to my rat traps and just pushed it aside. :annoyed:
I baited the other day with gopher poison. If it'll kill a gopher it ought to do a number on Chip n Dale.
Some of the bait was missing and I have not seen any signs of them since.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Some people have had good luck with fabric softener paper sheets placed in the engine room and the trunk ............. the smellier the better. Besides - it makes the car smell like a Naples whorehouse.

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No thanks. I'm pissed! I want revenge!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
Night-vision goggles and a shotgun. Problem solved, and at the maximum allowable fun level!
========================
Night-vision goggles and a shotgun
now THAT'S funny -:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I had mice in my truck when it was in extended storage. Luckily they didn't do any damage but the smell from the nests they left behind was horrible. I still hear nuts and seeds in the hood every time I open it.

·
Registered
98 ETC (RIP), 01 Deville
42 Posts
Mothballs should keep them away. They worked for me when the critters moved into the underside of my hottub.

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, done that before when they got into my A/C unit and chewed up wires, but that was somewhat remote and off to one side of the house. I've used them in other places, but you can't keep the windows open due to the smell. It would be even worse in the garage. I'll just kill 'em.

·
Registered
2003 Deville base, 69 Eldorado, 68 Impala, If I tell you the rest......well....
492 Posts
It is just sad period, when you need to leave a car overnight out of the garage, especially in the elements. But then to have some little invaders. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No signs of the little bastards since I baited and saw some of it gone, but I'm going to continue baiting for the rest of the summer.

·
Registered
90 Fltwd Cpe(FWD-60,000km) Buicks 69 Lsabre
44 Posts
Irish Spring soap that's the ticket put it in the trunk or inside the car No buglers to worry about

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But he/she was taking up residence in the engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts