Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 DTS base with 93k on it.

Well my car originally had a p0171 and a p0174 code and I seen heard a leak coming from the intake area and ordered some gaskets. Figured for 13 bucks shipped I might as well change them out. I am mechanically inclined I have a 01 Vette that puts down a little over 800 hp stock block at that, a 1968 Deville(she a big girl) a 2004 Jeep Wrangler that's modded like crazy and a 03 Deville . All built by me. I figured this would be a walk in the park but nope not today.

I had the intake off in about 10 minutes if that, While I had it out I decided to clean all the grease and grime in that area. I scrubbed the throttle body, intake manifold and also decided to re wrap all the wiring with electrical tape and new wire loom since it literally broke into pieces once I touched it. I vacuumed everything up and made sure the surface area was prepped for the intake install. I got everything back in and primed the fuel pump to get pressure to the injectors and then I went to start the car and I could hear the throttle body blade actuating and the car stumbled. Ok no biggie tried it again and got it to run but had reduced engine power and I had codes p0452,p0641.p0641(not sure why I had it p0641 twice) I figured I didn't plug something back in but everything was good. I did break the hard plastic line from the intake manifold to the valve cover you know the one that's on the passenger side but I did fix it with some rubber hose and reused the connectors. Still car ran but reduced power and those same codes. I called it a day I had stuff to do

SO this am I I came back out and got codes P0452,P0641,P0340,P0452,P0641 now the car wont start but just cranks. Now P0340 was new BUT I noticed it only comes on when the car tries to start but will continue to crank even after they key is done turning. You know when you turn the key and let go well when I let go the car will try to continue to turn another few seconds so I figured that's what's causing that but I could be wrong. I did go back and take the manifold off again and to make sure I didn't mess up the crankshaft position sensor you figured if anything I would of gotten that code but I checked and it was fine and I took it out and cleaned it. I checked my previous work all no issues and went to try to start it and same thing with the same codes it wont even run just cranks. I did pull the camshaft sensor and cleaned it out it out and no changes to the starting. I said its a simple job but I managed to mess it up. I am using a generic ebay code reader BUT I do have a Tech 2 so maybe I need to relearn the cam shaft position? Help appreciated thanks

Shant

P0452 =Why all of a sudden would I get this everything was fine before and did not have this code before the intake manifold swap?

P0452
Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

CADILLAC Possible Causes
  • Faulty Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
  • Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think if I fix this the rest will go away but not sure this I am unsure where to start with this or how to fix it
P0641 CADILLAC - 5 Volt Reference Voltage Incorrect
CADILLAC Possible Causes
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
  • ECM harness is open or shorted
  • ECM circuit poor electrical connection
  • Shorted sensor on 5 volt circuit

P0340 CADILLAC Possible Causes
Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction

I can test this via this vid. I have a tech 2 maybe I need to relearn it

hmmm no 12v coming out of the camshaft sensor harness,, That's the one on the side of the motor passenger side is this correct?

hmmmm not sure how to edit but never mind I have 5volts coming out of the harness on 2 spots. I guess it's not supposed to be 12?

Update. The battery was low on juice from cranking and having the lights on. I jumped it via the battery in the back. Went to crank the car and fired right up. Wtf? Battery had no issues before and not sure why jump would make it all better. I did disconnect the battery for 15 mins then reconnected just to see if that would help during all this which did nothing earlier into the trouble shooting. No check engine but my tech 2 and ebay scanner still show the p0340 as pending but no check engine light and runs great. I am getting the sevice traction control service brake assist and service stabilitrak. Again no codes to tell me which wheelbering that may be if that is the case I haven't dug to deep. So car is running normal now. No check engine light but I do have a pending p0340 camshaft position sensor error in both my readers. Just the sevice traction control service brake assist and service stabilitrak is flashing with the abs and traction control lights on. All comments welcome

Where the F is the edit button? Also I undid my gas cap and reinstalled while I had the car charging through another car I dont remember if it was loose but I think that was the p0452 but again that was sying 5v sort. Ok enough I'm done for the night.

sevice traction control service brake assist and service stabilitrak is now gone. Basically the car fixed itself. awesome

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
956 Posts
In the future when disconnecting sensors to do engine repairs disconnect the battery. Even though the ignition is off the ecm is still active. Also a weak battery causes all kinds of problems with the modules. Whenever a code is active the traction control shuts down. Glad everything worked out. Use the tech 2 and clear all the codes that are stored or pending. Many stored faults won't cause the check engine light to come on.

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Omac I should of known better the Corvette is finicky with it's electrical too but I figured I was only disconnecting the mas,map,throttle body I would of been fine. Yes I cleared them with the Tech 2. The only thing I have is the camshaft code and she takes a few more turns to start but I have one on order.

·
2008 DTS
94 Posts
I had a new valve cover gasket put on this week.New inner/outer tie rods front left. Drove it today a mile up the road and bingo,service traction low engine power came on.p0340-p0641. 5v referance 1 circuit my reader says, on the P0641,P0340 says intake camshaft position sensor circuit. Cleared the codes but the traction and cel still on. Battery was new this past summer i think,or certainly last spring anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts