Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6L "The Gray Ghost"(R.I.P), 05 CTS 3.6L "Fin"
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got pulled over last nite for not having a front plate and having my front doors tinted. Cop let me slide on the front plate cause I showed him there were no holes in the bumper to mount the plate, but got a ticket for my front tints.
I'm gonna try and fight the tint ticket cause Il recently changed the tint laws, but Chicago hasn't, so I not really expecting to get away with that one.
But anyway, any one that has the V bumper have a front plate mounted?
I really don't want to have to drill holes in the bumper. Right now I have my plate sitting on my front dash in the windshield, but the cop flat out told me that ain't gonna fly.
Any other Ideas on mounting the front plate?

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles
983 Posts
So I got pulled over last nite for not having a front plate and having my front doors tinted. Cop let me slide on the front plate cause I showed him there were no holes in the bumper to mount the plate, but got a ticket for my front tints.
I'm gonna try and fight the tint ticket cause Il recently changed the tint laws, but Chicago hasn't, so I not really expecting to get away with that one.
I really don't want to have to drill holes in the bumper. Right now I have my plate sitting on my front dash in the windshield, but the cop flat out told me that ain't gonna fly.

you probably either had a really bored cop, or he suspected you of something else and needed an in.

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6
2,937 Posts
Ya it's a real piss off when they do the job you're paying them for...........

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
there are plate brackets that mount on the underside of your bumper then slide out and forward. then when you dont want the plate just flip it down and slide it in.

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6L "The Gray Ghost"(R.I.P), 05 CTS 3.6L "Fin"
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
black Zip tie it to the lower grill.
DUH! sometimes the answer is so obvious...why didn't i think of that?

I'm not complaining that I got the ticket. But out of the two possible tickets, I would have prefered the plate over the tints.
Since IL changed the front tint law, Chicago cops go out of their way to ticket for front tints, cause they say local city law supercedes state law. My tints are within the law and there is no reason I should get a ticket for being within the law. The plate however, is another story.
the cop didn't seem to want an in cause he didn't ask to search my car or anything, just gave me the ticket and a verbal warning and went on his way.

·
Registered
2004 cts sport
856 Posts
i feel ya,, a couple years back the cop actually watched me in december remove the vynal tint i had on my brake lights on the side of the road... and still gave me a ticket

·
Registered
07' Sport, Ming Blue
53 Posts
do you live in chicago? cause if you have a chicago address on your license you are SOL on the tint ticket.

i don't run my front plate in jersey, not drilling that perfect bumper. don't know many cops who will pull you over just for front plate, esp since theres no way to tell unless you drive past him and hes on a perpendicular sidestreet since if hes behind you he can't tell and if he passes you the opposite way hes not gonna do a 180* if he even notices. i would lose the tint and not put a front plate on. doubt you'll have much trouble getting pulled over for front plate if you just keep everything else on the level.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T
56 Posts
That sux bro. I'm in Jersey also and had my CTS for 2 years now with no front plate. Haven't been stopped yet and I pass a ton of cops. Guess I should hold tinting out the windows....

·
Registered
'07 CTS black on black 3.6 FE5 'Nadine'
163 Posts
Whatever it takes .
Never give 'em an excuse to pull you over .

All you are to them is revenue . :mad:

Thank you M.A.D.D . :bigroll:

Fish

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.