Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Deville, 1990 Deville
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a recommendation on where to get some body parts?? Some idiot either wanted my Sedan DeVille emblem, or was just a Vandal. My Right rear emblem on the rear panal behind the rear wheel is gone, the paint is scratched where it looks like a scrapper was used, the chrome piece below the emblem has about 20 marks from either hammering or prying, and the piece below that is damaged (the part with the ridges and marker light) :confused: I don't know what to call that. On Monday I'll most likely check with a body shop because the area will need to be painted. I think It would be worth my while to try and replace the trim myself. Any thoughts on where to get the emblem, chrome, and ridge thing?
I'm really upset. :annoyed: I put about 2000 miles on this car a year. It's in the garage about 90% of the time. Thanks for any help, or just for listening to me complain.

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
Emblems- I really suggest you look on ebay. Even if you've never used the site before, its very easy, and very safe. You should be able to find your emblem in a matter of seconds and for alot less than you would pay at the dealer.

Paint- Depending on how deep the scratch is, a body shop may be able to just wet sand, and then compound the paint to remove them, much cheaper than repainting.

Trim- Chrome trim from the dealer should be redicously priced. The trim piece for one door from my 96 was $400. Again, look on ebay, much cheaper, same quality. You could look into having the trim piece replated with chrome, might be cheaper.

Its really easy to replace emblems and trim yourself. If there's any adhesive left on the car buy some adhesive remover and take it off. Then just buy some trim adhesive and glue it back on. The trim is held on by screws, just unscrew it.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
always local junk yards too, may find some their. The light and chrome piece should be the same regardless of body color and it can come from many different years besides a '90

You may be able to touch up the paint or have a shop clean it up. If its just a few scratches I wouldn't repaint, since its behind a emblem it wont be as noticeable, just clean it up a bit and you may be alright

1 - 3 of 3 Posts