Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.....been away for a while, but glad to be back. I have moved once again, I am now in Dallas and need to ask two favors. I know there is a large contingent of owners here, and would like to come to the next meet or dyno day, etc. Also, I need a good shop here to give my V the once over and to get some new toys.

Have we ever done a V day out at motorsports ranch? I lapped it a couple weeks ago in a spec mx-9 and a 911 turbo, and am itching to get some V's out there now that I have mine here! Thanks

Darren

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Hey Darren, if you are looking for a good shop, I would recommend 21st Century Muscle Cars. They (John) were very hospitable to the V crowd that showed up for the dyno day. I guess its not too early to start planning a summer V meet here in north Texas.

I know a few guys have taken their car to Motorsport Ranch...apparently there is a new local track that the guys like even better. Hopefully someone will chime in here. I think that Silver-V- just took his 09 V to the new track.

If you want to grab a few beers one weekend I know we can round up at least 5 Vs on short notice.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
I've done Motorsport Ranch and Eagles Canyon. Eagles Canyon is much newer, cheaper, and has better straights! I prefer it over Motorsport Ranch, but both are fun.

Next Open Track Day at Eagles Canyon is June 20th (They try to do it once a month)
http://www.eaglescanyon.com

I'd like to try out Hallett in Oklahoma sometime, but it's a bit far.

As far as shops go, I've heard good things about 21st but have never had any work done with them. I've always used Quality Motorsports (http://www.quality-motorsports.com/) out in Lewisville. There are at least 2-3 other V's here that have had work done there. Either way it's good to have choices.

I have a couple Eagles Canyon Vids on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/555ctsv

Oh and welcome to Dallas! Where did you move to? What color is your V? I saw a black one downtown a week or so ago, looked stock, driver looked relatively young and waved back. For some reason i just assume every V i see is a member on here!

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Man I don't know about those Dallas V drivers. . .

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
You guys make a date, I have family up there and wouldn't mind driving up from Houston!
That's what Mystical Ice said too...our last DFW meet only had one Houston owner make it up. Props to Darkman!

Just messin' with you Mystical...I know you had something WAY more important than a Texas V meet. :thepan:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
I've been told it wouldn't take more than a phone call for us to get some reserved front row parking at Cadillac Ranch in Irving/Las Colinas if a meet does result from this thread ;)

www.cadillacranchrestaurant.com

This pic with 10 V's in front of it would be pretty cool, i'm just sayin...

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
I think y'all should schedule it while my V is in the repair center getting fixed from the accident. That way I can pull up in my POS rental car. :D

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I've been told it wouldn't take more than a phone call for us to get some reserved front row parking at Cadillac Ranch in Irving/Las Colinas if a meet does result from this thread ;)

www.cadillacranchrestaurant.com

This pic with 10 V's in front of it would be pretty cool, i'm just sayin...
DO IT!!!! That would be a sweet picture! When should we have the meet?

Lets pic a random Saturday or Sunday. How about June 6th or 7th?

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
35 Posts
any input on simple quick tune (I think thats what its called) I've heard good things about them but I haven't personally used anyone yet. Will be doing a cam and heads soon and trying to decide where to take it.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Look what you've started MagnaV! And you haven't even chimed in yet.

June 6th or 7th works for me, anyone else? CWIS what happened to your car? There must be a thread i missed about your accident

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
So a Saturday or Sunday? Which is better? How many of us work Saturdays? I know last time there were a few guys that did. I vote for Saturday.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
35 Posts
we(the V is actually my wifes) would try to make a dyno day....unfortunately the 6th we will be on vacation but we will do our best to make the next one if we miss this one.

·
Registered
2006 BMW M5 | 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
315 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, I am in.

When I googled Cadillac Ranch I came across this picture below.... Anyone else find it an odd coincidece?

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts