Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a V in Jan 07....its an 05 and i love it....well my friend got a Viper on Saturday...(BASTA%D):want: .....and damit, my V sounds to quite now next to his car...........:thepan:

WHAT system should i get.....Corsa? Borla......I want the Indy car sound NOT the old mustang type sound.......

ALSO, anyone in the Dallas area meet up and talk V shop or can I check out mods on your V........I live in Plano.....have a stock car looking to do some warranty friendly mods.....lmao

Holla up my email is:alchi:

[email protected]

Thanks,

Sherman

oh, if someone can recomend a local Dallas shop to have the new exhaust put on that would be tight......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Hey there. There are about 15 of us in the DFW area. Our last meet we got 12 together at Hooters for a car show. It was a pretty good time. Here is the link to the pictures and video. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/109328-d-fw-june-meet-pics-56k.html
As far as a shop in your area...not to sure. I know a few guys go to RPM out in Lewisville. Exhaust...haven't heard Borla yet. Everyone out here is either stock, cut-outs, Magnaflow, or Corsa. I'm still stock but I'm going with Magnaflow, i like the sound a lot.
Maybe someone else from DFW can be more of more help...i've only been here for 3 weeks...I miss Vegas
Welcome!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
www.21stCenturyMuscleCars.com and RPM are the two main ones i know of. Going to RPM Wednesday to get my UUC Shifter installed! Glad to hear the Dallas #'s are growing. I've got a maggie and cutouts. Thats about it. Man now that i list them i realize how few mods I have.... I need headers.. Welcome Are you a UNT'er?

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to UNT long ago....back in 98-99.......

I think I might go with the Corsa........ill check out RPM....

hell holla up next time you all meet....

Here is my car.....

Bone stock 2005.......Has a wing on the back that came with the car....i was told the car had everything on it......duno.....i like the sh*t out of it though.....NEED TO HEAR IT however!!! hahahahaha

im in Plano and thanks for the welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm also in Plano. Welcome :welcome: to the V and the forum.
Thanks Bro...

hey what's really THE BEST sounding exhaust to put on the V....I am really thinking about getting Corsa in the next week or two.....I just want that damn car to sound like an Indy car...........anyone have thoughts on that......I know this has been talked about a million times....lol sorry.....just dont want to waste 1K on the wrong thing.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Yes! Another Platinum DFW V!

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I believe the B&B is a bit louder than the Corsa. Of course if you put headers on it that will make anything even louder :) The "Best" is really all according to the taste of the owner and what they're looking for.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just want to hear that motor lol........and well all the mods i do i want to be Cadillac 100K mile warranty friendly......dont want to kill that nice warranty i have.....i was told cold air intake and exhaust was ok to do......anyone know of other mods you can do......i think headers will kill the warranty......

duno....

damit i want my car to go faster!!!LMAO.....f-ing friend got that damn Viper.....grrrrrrr and it was my idea for him to get it.......DOH':thepan:

I should have let him get the H2 lol :bigroll:

·
Registered
LS6 V
282 Posts
Welcome fellow Mean Green alum!!! Hope to see you at a few home games this year. I'm a huge college football fan and always support my Mean Green. :highfive:

You won't regret the purchase. As for the indy car sound, I don't know which system will give you that. I'm running a Magnaflow, love it, and get compliments on the sound all the time. However, it definitely doesn't have the indy sound.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Yeah I would probably have to go with the suggestion of an exhaust of your choice and cutouts. That would give you the best of both worlds :)

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Indy car? Get a cam and valvetrain that will allow you to spin to 13000 rpm.

If you want it to be the loudest, get a B&B w/ X-pipe. Combine that or a Corsa with headers and it'll be large and in charge, that's for sure...

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
I graduated in December 04 from UNT! Go Mean Green! I would go with cutouts, i love mine. It's nice to be able to turn it off on a rare occasion.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I graduated in December 04 from UNT! Go Mean Green! I would go with cutouts, i love mine. It's nice to be able to turn it off on a rare occasion.
Think ill shoot for the Corsa.....what are cutouts lmao.....sorry..... I have no clue....

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
130 Posts
Welcome!

DFW seems to have a pretty good concentration of V's. I see a raven and platinum version on a regular basis just in my 'neck-o-the-woods' (Lantana/Copper Canyon).

·
Registered
BLK 05 CTS-V (sold) 92 Widebody NSX (current) Looking for V2
181 Posts
that raven is probably me. I drive from 35W to lewisville down 407 every weekend.
Ken, Ready for this weekend at the track ?

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Cutouts are sometimes referred to as "dump pipes"- basically, it's a hole in your exhaust before the mufflers and resonators that is normally closed, but when opened it makes the car loud as hell since you're dumping before all the things that quiet down the exhaust.

I have the Kooks/Corsa setup, and it sounds awesome. As BigJim said, B&B with X-Pipe is your loudest choice if you don't go with headers.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Cutouts! Loud or quiet with the flip of a switch.... The fit pretty well in the back. This way it still went through the resonator. I have since replaced the resonator with an X pipe though....The maggie was competing with the exhaust for volume king.....

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
that raven is probably me. I drive from 35W to lewisville down 407 every weekend.
Ken, Ready for this weekend at the track ?
I am almost too ready!! UUC should arrive tomorrow, hoping to have RPM install it for me Wednesday. I think while its up on their lift ill inspect the brakes and my very slight coolant drip etc... I have my headrest camera mount ready to go. Should i really have the brake system flushed?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts