Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just switched over to the dark side :D He's been buying Lincolns for about 12 years and now he's onto Caddys. Anyway, his last car was a 2001 Lincoln Continental (260 hp V8). Last week he picked up a new 2003 STS and says it isn't as fast....fast meaning acceleration.

What gives? Does it need to be broken in? Is it b/c of the harsh cold? did they stick the 275hp Northstar in by accident? other?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
That old raggedy assed reconditioned ford probably rattled so bad it felt like it was going faster than it was! LOL! But seriously folks! Give the Caddy some time to break in and it will be fine. I haven't yet found a Lincoln that can even get passed my 4.9!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
There is just no possible way. Today, i drove my grandpas 03 grand marquis (same engine), and i couldnt even get it to peel. Granted, it is RWD and heavy, but still..... Northstar could peel bigtime under those conditions.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
If only Marauders weren't so damned UGLY!

Henry Ford would be proud. They only come in black with two interior color options.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
elwesso said:
There is just no possible way. Today, i drove my grandpas 03 grand marquis (same engine), and i couldnt even get it to peel. Granted, it is RWD and heavy, but still..... Northstar could peel bigtime under those conditions.
The 2001 Continental came with the 4.6 DOHC (275hp). The '03 Marquis has the 4.6 SOHC (226hp.....somewhere in that neighborhood). Two different motors.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Marauders UGLY?
You've gotta be on something.
The only thing wrong with them is not enough bottom-end.
Actually, I'd 86 the wheels too, and probably lower the car an inch or two also.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I agree with Katshot! On all points!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoa whoa the 2001 had 275hp?! nice

UPDATE: I talked to my bro who has been driving the STS...he says at first it needs to warm up then it's quick. Both my dad and bro said it handles and rides like a dream.

maybe i should get a used one? ;)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
They are great cars!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
i don't know what happened with the sts your dad was driving, but there is no way linconln is faster than sts.
I guess you guys need to get in each car and compare it side by side. And then go out on the highway and compare the real difference

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
The new STS probably rides better and then feels slower. But it's not slower. Not unless something is wrong with the car...

·
Registered
SRX V8 AWD
14 Posts
The StS also learns your driving style. The chips learns on you. Give it awile these northstars like to get "wide open". Tell him to keep having FUN!!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I wish I could take a Marauder on a permanent test drive :D

STS is high on my list too

Attachments

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Welcome aboard, Killer Dobs.. Thanks for the input. Yeah, that's true.. The STS' transmission learns your driving habits.. That could make a difference...

·
Registered
53 Posts
here is the definitive answer to the question :)

Lincoln Continental

Obtained from C&D August, 1996
0-60: 8 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 16.1
1/4 Speed: 88

The 96 continental had a 4.6L 260hp v8
The 96 continental weighs 3911 lbs.

The 01 continental has a 4.6L 275hp v8.
The 01 continental weighs 3848.

Seville STS

Obtained from MT May, 2001
0-60: 6.5 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 14.8
1/4 Speed: 96

The 2001 STS has a 4.6L 300hp V8
The 2001 STS weighs 4027 lbs.

So, by comparing the 1/4 mile times and the differences b/t the two cars and the differences b/t the 2 models of lincolns, one can see that the cadillac is markedly faster than the lincoln. End of story. :)

Ford --> :bonkers: :hammer: <--- GM
Ford ---> :worship: :angel: <--- GM

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I dont know how anyone could think the marauders are ugly. If you do, then your crazy. They look just like cop cars, and for that matter have the same engine (i think) as the police interceptor crown vics.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
The marauder is one sweet ( evil ) looking car. Just add a fake blackedout spotlight and people will be getting the hell out of your way :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts