Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone had any comments about the d3 headers for the XLR-V? I am interested in purchasing and wanted some feedback. thanks

·
Registered
Modified 06 XLR-V
175 Posts
I have a set sitting in my garage in the box... I just haven't had time to install them.

They seem to be well made... I wish they would have ground down the welds on the inside, but I suppose that may be an excersize for the installer... :)

I've bought things from D3 in the past and they seem fair... so if you're worried about them as a vendor I'd imagine the transaction should go well.

·
Registered
cts v-xlr v
154 Posts
The primaries are only 1 and 5/8 if you would like to know more I can contact you via e-mail or phone. Legalities prevent me from discussing this on a open forum right now.
Thank you

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
Hello,
Actually the primary sizes are 110% correct for the application the headers are intended for. This is a 4.4L motor and the exhaust ports on the cylinder heads are actually even smaller than the primaries.

If there are any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

The primaries are only 1 and 5/8 if you would like to know more I can contact you via e-mail or phone. Legalities prevent me from discussing this on a open forum right now.
Thank you

·
Registered
Modified 06 XLR-V
175 Posts
Thank you
My car is going into Hennessey performance here in Houston to get dyno tuned... I'm doing a lot of things at once, so it'll be unclear what the headers contributed. But my mod list now includes:

• Lingenfelter 176 Degree Thermostat
  • D3 cold air intake
  • D3 Headers & Cats
  • Exhaust baffle bypass
  • Front & Rear Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars
  • Forgeline 3-piece wheels
  • Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires

I'll post my final dyno chart when I get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts