Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Today, I took my Stage I intake, Stage II pipes and Torquemaster spark plugs to LAPD (Los Angeles Performance Division) for the install and custom dyno tuning.

So far, I only drove the car home which was 3 miles on the street with no highway driving, but so far I can tell you that the car is a different animal. You don't have to put your foot in it to make the car accelerate quickly. It is much more responsive and the blower sound is simply awesome. People on the street turn around when they hear the beast coming down the street. The shift points are amazing and perfectly tuned! I can't believe the car is so stout!

Bone Stock Dyno Run: 358.74 RWHP/360.33 RWTQ

After Installation of Parts/Dyno Tune: 392.45 RWHP/379.37 RWTQ

Net gain 33 RWHP and 19 RWTQ, but it feels like I picked up more than that. I guess on the supercharged Northstar, every hp gain you get, makes it feel like a lot more.

I want to personally thank Craig at D3 as well as Al, Dan, Robert, Shawn and Doug at LAPD for taking care of my STS-V. Both companies were a joy to deal with. If you are local to LAPD, don't hesitate to get Doug to tune your STS-V. He really knows how to get more power out of them. My STS-V was so pig rich in stock form that during the initial dyno runs, the car registered 10.0 on the Dynojet wideband air/fuel meter!!!!!!! I am sure I picked up some good gas mileage now that the car isn't dumping fuel when it doesn't need to. GM feels it is safer to make cars run rich from the factory so no problems arise, but I had a lot of knock retard in stock form that Doug smoothed out.

Doug at LAPD took care of every single table with HP Tuner software including shift points, Knock Retard, Spark Tables, and every other parameter to make my STS-V run like a completely different car. He spent several hours on my car tuning and I couldn't be happier!!!

I am posting the dyno sheet so you guys can see it firsthand!

If anyone is in the L.A. area and wants to see, hear or drive in my STS-V, just let me know. We should get an STS-V meeting going so we can meet and talk about our great cars!

I thought I loved my STS-V before, but I feel like I got a whole new car and I love it all over again!

SG

Attachments

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
congrats, nice numbers! Better $$s-HP ratio than on my CTS-V...... good news.

F

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Florian,

Thanks! Yes, this car yielded better results with less money over my 2006 CTS-V that I had with the LS2.

WillySTS,

This car is now hands down awesome and it didn't cost much to get the added power out of it.

I need to find a smaller pulley for the blower now and then get it re-tuned for even MORE POWER!!

SG

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
Hello Aero1,
Congrats on your power gains!!! Those look about right. Craig isn’t in the office today, but I sure he would be happy to hear that you finally got your vehicle done.

I am curious to know how many runs you did on the dyno?

Also the most impressive part of this dyno is not the peak increase in power and torque but the gap between both all the way throughout the power band. Also the torque you have gained is completely usable from 2,000RPM to redline! That is one nice ride. Did you get any video clips while on the dyno?

Thank you,

Dr. Design

Hey Guys,

Today, I took my Stage I intake, Stage II pipes and Torquemaster spark plugs to LAPD (Los Angeles Performance Division) for the install and custom dyno tuning.

So far, I only drove the car home which was 3 miles on the street with no highway driving, but so far I can tell you that the car is a different animal. You don't have to put your foot in it to make the car accelerate quickly. It is much more responsive and the blower sound is simply awesome. People on the street turn around when they hear the beast coming down the street. The shift points are amazing and perfectly tuned! I can't believe the car is so stout!

Bone Stock Dyno Run: 358.74 RWHP/360.33 RWTQ

After Installation of Parts/Dyno Tune: 392.45 RWHP/379.37 RWTQ

Net gain 33 RWHP and 19 RWTQ, but it feels like I picked up more than that. I guess on the supercharged Northstar, every hp gain you get, makes it feel like a lot more.

I want to personally thank Craig at D3 as well as Al, Dan, Robert, Shawn and Doug at LAPD for taking care of my STS-V. Both companies were a joy to deal with. If you are local to LAPD, don't hesitate to get Doug to tune your STS-V. He really knows how to get more power out of them. My STS-V was so pig rich in stock form that during the initial dyno runs, the car registered 10.0 on the Dynojet wideband air/fuel meter!!!!!!! I am sure I picked up some good gas mileage now that the car isn't dumping fuel when it doesn't need to. GM feels it is safer to make cars run rich from the factory so no problems arise, but I had a lot of knock retard in stock form that Doug smoothed out.

Doug at LAPD took care of every single table with HP Tuner software including shift points, Knock Retard, Spark Tables, and every other parameter to make my STS-V run like a completely different car. He spent several hours on my car tuning and I couldn't be happier!!!

I am posting the dyno sheet so you guys can see it firsthand!

If anyone is in the L.A. area and wants to see, hear or drive in my STS-V, just let me know. We should get an STS-V meeting going so we can meet and talk about our great cars!

I thought I loved my STS-V before, but I feel like I got a whole new car and I love it all over again!

SG

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
The good news is that so far the mod part of the STS-V appears to have been without much hell....:thumbsup:
My best bud (tuner extraordinaire) is here for the weekend, amongst other things we are discussing how "hellish" the V will be. He can fabricate a pulley in about an hour or so....HP Tuners has the flashing capability, so............here we go again :thepan:

F

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
My best bud (tuner extraordinaire) is here for the weekend, amongst other things we are discussing how "hellish" the V will be. He can fabricate a pulley in about an hour or so....HP Tuners has the flashing capability, so............here we go again :thepan:

F
You can't just go with the easy, proven, trouble-free road can you? Perhaps you'll have better luck with this V!

Let us know if you're in a rental car by Monday!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dr. Design,

The car was completely tuned after 12 dyno runs, but then Doug took it out with his laptop connected for about another half hour or so data logging to make sure the tune was perfect in everyday normal driving conditions. I didn't get a copy of the graph with the before and after air/fuel ratio, but I know it was around 10.0 across the board on the dyno bone stock and after it was a bit leaner. I will try to get a dyno graph from LAPD that shows the A/F ratio and post it up here. I didn't record any dyno video clips.

LITTLEELVISDAN,

According to Gus at Corsa, they won't be making an STS-V exhaust system. I didn't want to do the exhaust system because I didn't want the car to be loud exhaust wise. The car sure is loud blower wise though. It screams really loudly now compared to stock. I don't think the Corsa exhaust system will yield that much of a gain. I have seen various Corsa exhaust systems from various vehicles on the dyno and none of them have shown enough of a gain to justify the cost. I didn't observe the boost guage when I drove the car home so I can't say if it gained any boost, but I would venture to say that the boost level didn't change at all. I will check and report back.

VelocitySTSV,

I never ran it at the track stock and I don't really plan on running it at the track now. My goal was to get enough power out of the car to where I felt it was just enough.

Florian,

I would love to get my hands on a smaller blower pulley if you can make it. I would install it and then have LAPD do a re-tune for even more power.

SG

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought D3 alrady had a smaller pulley set-up. Can't we order a pulley from them? If not F, I am in for one of those pulley's.
From what I understand, D3 either offers or will offer a smaller crank pulley, but not a smaller blower pulley which will be much easier to install on the STS-V. From what James was telling me, installing the smaller crank pulley is a 10 hour job which is obviously extensive. Being that my STS-V lease is up in less than a year and a half, I have to make sure that every mod that I do is fully and easily reverseable.

I would do a smaller blower pulley over a smaller crank pulley.

SG

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
I thought D3 alrady had a smaller pulley set-up. Can't we order a pulley from them? If not F, I am in for one of those pulley's.
Absolutely...I already have my bud looking at doing mine....BUT, it is a small pulley as is....hes looking to see what the options are.

F

·
Registered
NONE
928 Posts
From what I understand, D3 either offers or will offer a smaller crank pulley, but not a smaller blower pulley which will be much easier to install on the STS-V. From what James was telling me, installing the smaller crank pulley is a 10 hour job which is obviously extensive. Being that my STS-V lease is up in less than a year and a half, I have to make sure that every mod that I do is fully and easily reverseable.

I would do a smaller blower pulley over a smaller crank pulley.

SG

Aero, first let me say thank you again for your business and I'm glad you love the performance gains we could offer you. As always, it was a pleasure to serve you.

The pulley we offer for the STS-V crankshaft is oversized not undersized. By oversizing the crankshaft pulley the supercharger spins up faster building more boost quicker thus giving more power across the entire powerband. We're currently waiting to have our Stage III tuned so no numbers yet. I'll keep everyone posted on the numbers when I have them.

Thank you again for your business and we appreciate you taking the time to post your dyno runs :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts