Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
STS-V
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody,

looking to pick up d3 springs from the D3 Outlet, http://www.d3outlet.com/sts-v/
just wondering what's everybody's opinion on the two types of springs? I dont mind paying the bit extra if there's a greater advantage to having the self levelling springs, I can assume it means the ride may be a bit more smooth and adaptable when driving on different roads?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks V Nation,

Ryan.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
I believe the self leveling ones are what you'd want. You're from the GTA right? Let me know if they'll ship to you. When I tried checking the shipping price it said they don't ship here.

·
Registered
2007 Black Raven STS-V
254 Posts
ok i never saw this website before !

i was so tempted to buy springs and now i found them lol !

anything else worth buying or should i stick to Tim C parts :p

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
you need the springs with the self leveling kit, as the rear sachs shocks on the v are self leveling. The springs are the same, it's just the rubber spacer bushings in the leveling kit that you need on the STS-V.

·
Registered
STS-V
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just called and they happily ship to canada, just have to place the order over the phone instead of doing it online

·
Registered
STS-V
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure yet but when i possibly place my order later this month i can fill ya in then, if not this month then it will be in april for sure.

·
Registered
08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS
427 Posts
Let us know if you actually receive the springs...These guys are known to hold onto your money for weeks and even months without actually having the product available.
I waited for 4 weeks for them to ship my intake that they said was in stock before I canceled my order and purchased one from TC Fab.

·
Registered
STS-V
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
really? wow thanks for the heads up..ill be sure to really do my homework with these guys and get some names from their employees when i eventually place the order

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
really? wow thanks for the heads up..ill be sure to really do my homework with these guys and get some names from their employees when i eventually place the order
I purchased the springs through my PayPal account from the D3 Ebay store in late August, just before they were to be restocked, as per the advertising on the D3 homepage. I heard from Madstsv1 and others on here that I'd be hard pressed to get them in late September as D3 stated, and that I was more likely looking at November. True to form, I received them second week of November. No biggie, as I wasn't in a rush and was prepared to wait as everyone here warned me. So be advised!

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
So has anyone bought these from this site? If they have and got them, ill buy them right now.
Lambrith car had the B&G (D3) lowering springs on it when he purchased, but might be getting rid of them. I just sold him my stock springs a few weeks ago. I'd check with him. Don't know exactly when he's planning the switch-over to see if ride quality improves, but he said in the next few months...

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
375 Posts
Lambrith car had the B&G (D3) lowering springs on it when he purchased, but might be getting rid of them. I just sold him my stock springs a few weeks ago. I'd check with him. Don't know exactly when he's planning the switch-over to see if ride quality improves, but he said in the next few months...
I sent the outlet an email asking if they have them. Cash in hand. Not really holding out for a response.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts