Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for everyone that has their lowering springs. I just saw my d3 spring height rods turning into literal scrap in the matter of a few months of winter salt. D3, can you guys make these out of something like stainless steel ? I have a feeling these things will be snapping off in a couple years tops.

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
man... after seeing wfo and dons cars this weekend, i was ready to pull the trigger on the springs.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beats me, I never felt any issues with the setup. Although it might have been something that happened before the height rod fix as back than the lowered setup had a real " floaty " feel to it. I'm just annoyed because even the damn "fix" for the spring issue isn't proper. The stock height rods looked perfect when they were taken off....Oh wait, maybe the stainless steel height rods now come with their " competition springs "

·
Banned
09' CTS-V
1,023 Posts
beats me, I never felt any issues with the setup. Although it might have been something that happened before the height rod fix as back than the lowered setup had a real " floaty " feel to it. I'm just annoyed because even the damn "fix" for the spring issue isn't proper. The stock height rods looked perfect when they were taken off....Oh wait, maybe the stainless steel height rods now come with their " competition springs "
aside from the rust issue how does the car ride vs stock? What is the worst road condition you have taken it on and how did it ride then?

I love the way these cars look lowered but I am not willing to sacrifice my ride quality. Your comments would be a big help

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
105 Posts
aside from the rust issue how does the car ride vs stock? What is the worst road condition you have taken it on and how did it ride then?

I love the way these cars look lowered but I am not willing to sacrifice my ride quality. Your comments would be a big help
My car rode well after the change. A little stiffer than stock and the wife wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for all the SQUEAKING. Being stationed here in Germany I have had multiple opportunities to ride on cobblestone roads and the Caddy handles the bumps better than our SUV.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't complain at all. It corners great, rides smooth, makes 0 noise for me. Only thing I wonder about is how the lowering springs affect hard launches in comparison to the stock springs because of the lesser amount of 'squat'. It's something thats crossed my mind but doesnt necessarily bother me as most of my driving is on the highway and not stoplight to stoplight or at the strip.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Great close up! It looks like a progressive wound spring; tight and loose coils. There will always be contact since that's the way they work. Secondly, other than looks, they'll never rust through. There's not much pressure on those rods.

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
I didn't use the D3 height rods on my coupe and it rides just fine... except the springs are starting to squeak. Sounds like just the right front one though. It's very annoying.
On a side note. My friend just got a V coupe and he is order the eibachs that were just released. So we will be able to do a side my side comparison.

Mark

·
Registered
09 CTS-V, 07 Escalade (sold), 08 CTS DI (sold)
144 Posts
My D3 springs squeak too, but only for the first 2 minutes of driving. Seems they warm up or something, and it goes away. Ride quality is excellent, no complaints there. It actually feels softer than stock, which I don't really care for. So, I leave the mag ride in sport mode most of the time.

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
Hello,
Thank you for bringing this up. You will not break these during the lifespan of the vehicle. If you want, we can send you new ones that have been coated. This might be better for your conditions in which you drive the vehicle. Please email us or call and we will get those out to you today if you would like.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

This is for everyone that has their lowering springs. I just saw my d3 spring height rods turning into literal scrap in the matter of a few months of winter salt. D3, can you guys make these out of something like stainless steel ? I have a feeling these things will be snapping off in a couple years tops.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello,
Thank you for bringing this up. You will not break these during the lifespan of the vehicle. If you want, we can send you new ones that have been coated. This might be better for your conditions in which you drive the vehicle. Please email us or call and we will get those out to you today if you would like.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac
Good deal. I'll pm you guys later with my info. Like it was stated, it wont affect the performance but it looks like @ss.

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
Sounds good. No problem, can't have it looking like that on a Cadillac!!!

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Good deal. I'll pm you guys later with my info. Like it was stated, it wont affect the performance but it looks like @ss.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts