Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2015 V-Sport
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My experience with D3 Cadillac turned out to be dreadful. In the end I was provided nothing. What I did get was the run-around about their dyno performance tuning a what they could offer me. The way they handled the problems that arose with the work they performed and their attitude toward me as a customer was appalling! Their work is under par and capped off by delays and fabrications to put me off as long as they could. My encounters with the entire one-on-one poor customer service from the staff at D3 is a highly suspicious business practice and lack of integrity or to offer performance-oriented modifications they promise. My recommendation is to steer clear of D3 Cadillac for any modifications to your Cadillac. It took nearly three months for me to get my $895.00 back with many frustrating phone calls and hardly any response by D3.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport, 2016 Chevy SS M6
493 Posts
Re: D3 Review 2014 Cadillac CTS V Sport Twin Turbo

^^^^^I took you 10 years to come up with this drivel? There is always more to the story, right? You typed a lot of words but all I gathered is you gave them money, you were dissatisfied, then they returned your money...seems like a reasonable business transaction that happens all the time.

·
Registered
2015 V-Sport
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Of course there is more to the story. What are you talking about, 10 years. This happened over several months. I owned a 2004 Cadillac CTS first before I owned my 2014 V-Sport. Never used the forum since I joined because I was not interested in high performance mods until I purchased the V-Sport. There were so many reasons for my dissatisfaction of the way D3 treated me it would was too lengthy to post. Just thought others should know. Being treated like you don't matter as a customer like never getting return calls when you are told I will call you back in 15 minutes then never hearing from them, ever, is good customer service! This is only one of the many ways they dealt with me every time I spoke with them. Their performance tuning broke functionality and locked out dealer access to ECM for warranty repairs. Once they loaded the OEM tune every thing worked again. I was told it would take a couple days to fix the programming. I never heard from them. I had to drive there because phone calls did not give me satisfaction to find out they had not done anything to correct the program, so no performance enhancement for my car. How long should you have give a company to make good? Why didn't they just tell me they were unable to offer me their services for whatever reason and return my money without me going through hoops to get it. Is this good customer service? There is more. Shall I go on? Does this sound like "drivel"?

·
Registered
2014 CTS-VSport Premium
160 Posts
I always thought that one of the purposes of forums such as this was to share experiences about the vehicle and vendors. If someone has had a negative experience I would truly like to hear about it and maybe save myself some grief.

·
Registered
493 Posts
^^^Agree, but how about limit the emotional post and give us some facts of the situation so it can be discussed and better understood? Troll flags go up when someone's first post is bashing a vendor on this forum without giving much in the way of context or facts. Did the OP have unrealistic expectations? Operator/Installer error? Is D3 trying to create a tune and have failed? Have others had similar experiences? These are questions that move us forward. No need to force-feed a conclusion based on a sample of one, we'll make our own choices on whether or not D3 is a company we want to work with.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS V
48 Posts
The OP just posted his experience, he vented his frustrations, if mid way through his post you found it dreadful, click back and read something else. All the forums i'm on have these type of posts, sometimes with validation and sometimes without. Either way it's a vent a rant of sorts that probably helped the OP feel better and it's not unfounded if he spent $ and the services were not provided for and 90 days to get a refund, I personally would report that to the BBB. If anyone should be commented about it should be D3 i find that if they made anyone feel like that, it's not a good business practice for the reason that someone was so upset with them , they came on a forum they hardly post on to make it clear how unsatisfied they were. At least that's what i read into it, I don't automatically assume people come to these forums for malicious purposes. I had the opposite experience with D3, they were amicable and very patient with me. I posted those good comments about them in a different section.

Thanks OP for sharing, I will still continue to make my own opinions as I'm sure anyone else on this forum will but we are glad you shared that story because at least now we know we should thread lightly with D3 as this could happen to ANYONE of us.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ha! We're all venting our opinion here, so what makes your post more valid than mine? Suggesting that if you found my post "dreadful" to go read something else is dumb logic and contradictory. Back on topic...WHAT could happen? Isn't it implied in life than anything could happen to anyone including sucky purchase experiences?? I'm guessing there was a tune involved, but no details beyond that other than emotional vomiting about how he wasn't treated right and now you suggest the BBB get involved, wow! What EXACTLY happened?? It's D3's responsibility to share the other side of the story and defend their business, if they are so inclined, but I think you're being naive if your going to take anything from this thread, so far. Generally speaking, sharing a story about a purchase experience is fine as long as there are factual details included, particularly in the case of bash posts. These are businesses, it's wreckless and irresponsible to post nonfactual information (not saying the OP did) because apparently people believe everything they read on forums.

·
Registered
2014 CTS-VSport Premium
160 Posts
Wow, I am assuming someone pissed in your Cheerios. Instead of calling the OP's comments "drivel" and "emotional vomiting" why not just ask him to be more specific and clarify his dissatisfaction with D3. Responding with such an antagonistic attitude does nothing but escalate this thread into an argument instead of sharing what might be helpful information.

·
Registered
2015 V-Sport
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, it seems details is what everyone is looking for. I merely thought it would be too much to read and would not read it all. So, now you can.

I found them while searching online for performance options and called late March 2015. I spoke with Tim Pak asking about what I could expect and told me I could see 50HP increase to the rear wheels and smoother shifting from the 8 speed auto trans due to experience they had with previous tunes they performed. I was assured there would be no problem with dealer warranty repair as a result of their tuning. He said it would cost $800.00 but turned out to be $895.00.

I went on my appointed day April 2nd. The result after their tune was performed was only about 26HP to the rear wheels and they claimed it was because each car is different and my car turned out to be the exception. BTW - it took them 6 hours not 2 to complete the work, maybe because "my" car was an exception. I wonder about that. How could one car out of all the V-Sports GM makes be an exception to begin with? Aren't production cars built with strict guidelines to ensure consistency? Days later I discovered my cruise control no longer would engage though it would turn on. I took my car to the dealer to fix it. The dealer told me they were locked out of the ECM and could not perform the repair. The dealer said I should go back to D3, to ask them about the cruise control and why they were locked out of the ECM. No access to the ECM means the dealer could not perform other repairs, if needed, that require ECM access.

I called D3 and spoke to Tim, explaining my experience at the dealer. He said to bring my car back to him so he could load the OEM tune to test if the cruise control worked to determine if it was their tuning was the cause. He also told me D3 locks the ECM when the load their performance tune, totally contrary to what I was told when I first spoke with him. So I returned by appointment three weeks later because the were so busy.

Once they loaded the OEM tune, Tim told me "sure enough" the cruise control worked again. He said it would take about two days to reprogram their performance tune to resolve the malfunction of the cruise control. He asked if I wanted to have them reload their performance tune until they fixed it. I elected to leave the OEM tune since there was a warranty repair I had to have done at the dealer. Tim said he would call me when they had their tune ready. I waited more than a week and never heard from Tim after, again, leaving numerous messages for a return call. The following Monday I drove to D3 to find out why I was never contacted and to voice my concern about the way I felt I was being neglected. Tim was not there so I spoke to James Gill, explained to him what I had experienced so far and what were they going to do to satisfy my complaints. His excuse was "sometimes it takes longer than expected for their engineers to rewrite their software" with no mention of why I was not kept informed or sorry, let me take care of this. At this point I requested they return my $895.00 since I had enough of their run around.

James reluctantly agreed to repay me, issued me a credit memo, and told me it would take 4-7 days for them to send me a check. I had him write his statement on the credit memo and sign it. Weeks later I still had not received my check. Again, during this time I called to find out why and was told they would look into it or call me back (never did) or "the check is in the mail" scenario. Once I strongly insisted with James I wanted my check, he told me he would talk to Monique Gill, his bookkeeper and have her issue the check and mail it to me Monday June 1st, also that she would contact me to confirm she mailed it. Never heard from her.

I called Tuesday. James informed me he spoke to Monique on Monday and asked her to process my check and promised I would have it in 2-3 days. As of Friday June 12th no check had arrived.

I called June 16th and finally spoke with Monique because she answered the phone. She told me she knew nothing about the credit memo. REALLY! She said she would look into it. I finally got an email stating the check would be mailed the next day. I received it Friday. Saturday I deposited the check and was told there were insufficient funds. D3 must have put the money in to cover the check on Monday since it finally cleared.

This is certainly no way to treat ANY customer and I hope no one else has this experience. Why would I lie about this, flat out NO REASON. Check my posting on YELP! I will report this to BBB soon.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to give us details, to me this is exponentially more useful and informative. I'll be sure to use more milk and less piss in my cereal from now on.

·
Registered
CTS V SPORT
73 Posts
Thanks for the info. You were treated horribly! Glad you were at least able to get your money back even though it took a huge run around for it to happen.

·
Registered
2015 V-Sport
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the support of all that have commented. I filed with the BBB, as suggested, over the past weekend.

·
Registered
2015 Vsport
51 Posts
Just installed the Trifecta tune on my 15 Vsport and couldn't be happier. Their customer service was top notch and they never took longer than 24hrs to respond to any of my questions. Very highly recommended indeed.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport- 2015 Escalade- 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
159 Posts

@martinm-Wow, what a terrible company, I don't know how you were able to keep it together, I would've lost it big time if they gave me this run around while having my car for 2 days, especially after I paid them, I dont care if you eventually got a refund, screw them!!!

·
Registered
2015 V-Sport
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Integra77,
I agree whole heartedly.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
this company doesn't inspire confidence and offers very little that you can't get from higher quality sources

1 - 20 of 26 Posts